Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Won't start. Strange issues.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 10:00 AM
Default Won't start. Strange issues.

I went out to start my H2 today and noticed my fob wasn't working to unlock the doors. I opened it with key and when I attempted to start it it would almost fire up every time then shut off. I also noticed none of the controls were working from the driver side or passenger side. Door locks, windows etc. The rear door controls from those doors were working. Some other things was no sound from the radio and it doesn't shut down after I remove the key and close the door. I have removed the positive battery terminal already with no luck. When I try to hook up the code reader I get a link error. The only current issue was the service airbag light had been on for a few months. I know some of the problems could be from the master switch on the driver door but not starting and a few other quirks makes me believe it is something more. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2006 H2

Old 05-17-2018, 01:54 PM

If you locked it with the fob and unlocked with key the alarm prob disabled the start. Put fresh battery in fob abd try again...

Old 05-17-2018, 02:33 PM

I did lock with the fob and unlock with the key. The alarm never sounded and I just checked before I try and start it and the security light goes off in a few seconds after turning the key om. I have another fob and it also does not lock or unlock it. I think this alarm idea might be in the right direction but I am still unable to get it to start. Any other ideas?

Old 05-17-2018, 02:52 PM
Old 05-17-2018, 03:59 PM

I tried the 10 and 30 minute solution but sadly neither worked. Unless anyone has any ideas going to have to pay to get it towed to the dealership and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

Old 05-17-2018, 05:15 PM

My guess is a bad ground..... I think there is one just under the drivers door on the frame or close by that is the primary ground for much of the interior stuff like the BCM (which controls security).

Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 AM

Opening the door with a key should not be a problem, I tried it myself just 5 minutes ago.

You mention "link error", no data comms is serious, the FOB radios link to the passenger side door module, that fact that the FOB doesn't work either suggests a comms issue. As MixManSC suggests check the grounds, also check fuses and connectors and for any water ingress.

Let us know how you get on.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Hello to all. I have the same problem as Drizzer. Replaced ignition switch, rehook pos battery and after adjusting gears on switch the truck started and the most of the electrics worked but only briefly. Windows stereo and gauges worked briefly with engine running then stopped and a no link on scanner. Frustrated is a good description.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Update: After few hours of tracing it appears the radio is killing everything. I pulled the fuse for the radio and everything works fine. Somehow it is knocking everything out like the BCM at the data link connector.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Looking at the schematics, the Radio and Rear Seat Audio Controller RSA share the same fuse so it could be either one, or again an earthing problem.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
System Wiring Diagramss.pdf (2.31 MB, 3006 views)

Quick Reply: Won't start. Strange issues.