PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help with fitment Helo/Mickey Thompson on H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Default please help with fitment Helo/Mickey Thompson on H3

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and the Hummer Community.
I know there have been lot's of questions for tire/wheel fitment, but please allow me to post one more ;-)

I am planing on getting
Helo Maxx 6 HE791
16x8 Offset 0 / Backspace 4.50
Hub bore 108mm
and putting Mickey Thompson MTZ 315x75/16 on them

from what I've read so far it should fit cause you can run 35s on stock suspension, but I'm not sure about the wheels I talked to the local tire shop but it dind't seem that they realy knew what they're talkin about.
I did some claculations and to me it seems that the new setup would stick about 1.74" more than the stock wheels/tires and the Helos should fit just fine.
could somebody please confirm that, 'cause it's the first time did this and I have no idea if my assumptions are correct

if you have better sugestions for tires, feel free to post

oh... and yes it's a stock suspension / offroad package 2007 H3

it would be great if somebody could help me out
thanks a lot

Phil

PS: I saw that importkiller has the same tires on but wheels with +12 offset, they're sticking out quite a bit so I'm realy not sure if my calculations are correct[sm=smiley22.gif]

Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Default RE: please help with fitment Helo/Mickey Thompson on H3

Phil-
You're correct that 8inch -zero offset wheels will stick out 1.74 inchesmore than stock, and theMTZ sidewall will bulge out 1.85 inchesfurther beyond that. Compare that the bulgeof the stock (1.5 inches) or adventure package (1.8inches).

Don't know how you intend to use the H3 - mall/street cruiser/show vehiclevs. frequent offroading.
[ul][*]If the latter, you've probably already accepted that the H3 will get dirty, even if you dared to add fender flares (they'd probably get ripped off using 35s whileoffroading)- the smaller offset will just result in the sides getting plastered with road debris.[*]
But if you are a mall/street/highway cruiser - get prepared to do daily baths, and the inevitable scratches and pitting (black will look the worst)...[/align][/ul]

BTW - once again, if you're using for true offroading, you probably aren't too concerned about gas mileage. Once again, if you're using as mall/street/highway cruiser, and are in anyway concerned about MPG, be prepared that these heavier (67 lbs vs 51 lbs on the adventure pkg) and larger diameter (34.5" vs. 33 " of the adventure pkg) tires will reduce your MPG, acceleration, and braking performance. How much wil depend on your driving style (and for others with the 2008+, whethertheyhave the 3.7 vs 5.3).

BTW2 - also recommend looking at some of my threads previously posted regarding hubcentric rings. Certain models of the MickeyT (don't know about the Helo 791s) can accept 108 to 100mm hubcentric rings to significantly reduce/eliminate vibrations.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Default RE: please help with fitment Helo/Mickey Thompson on H3

Hi Rhino,

thank you very much for your help, I also talked to friend and he also said that offraoding with 35s and stock hight isn't such a good idea.
so I'm more thinking about getting 33s concerning the wheels, I probably can't run them street legal in Liechtenstein. the problem is that if the cops see me driving around with wheels sticking out they pull me over immediately. Running fender flares wouldn't realy help here either.

Is there any aftermarket16" wheel that looks kinda same like the helos but without sticking out this much?

suggestions are greatly appreciated

[IMG]local://upfiles/5312/9DEC4B1F5A3C48A8B49E5F2958CB1EF1.jpg[/IMG]