PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Default H3 Leveling Kit

Does anyone have recommendations for a H3 Front End Leveling kit?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Default RE: H3 Leveling Kit

There are a few ways to do it, most have just cranked the tortion bars. I cranked mine 2.5 turns each side and the truck sits completly level now...for free I have not noticed any ride difference at all truck still handles like stock. Or you can install re-indexed torsion bar cams, this will keep the tortion bar adj factory but lift the front end up. go to this link on ebay H3 level lift contact the seller and tell him you only want the cams, I have talked to him before and he will sell only the cams. If you buy the lift the way it is in the auction it comes with add a leaves in the rear which will lift the whole truck but still leave you with the raked look.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:38 PM

ditto
that where i got mine

Old 06-20-2006, 06:47 PM

I found another kit from http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h3truxkit.html

This one has new torsion bar keys and shock extenders.

Any idea which way would be better?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 PM

seems like a lot of money for something that can be done for free. just my opinion, Before you shell out $500 try turning the tortion bars and see if you like it, does the same thing. If turning them was so bad GM wouldn't build them to be adjustable. takes all of 10 minutes to do and you don't need to jack up the front of your truck, I did mine in my driveway at 2 in the morning cause I was bored...realllllll easy to do!

Old 06-21-2006, 12:04 AM

you do not need the shock extenders
i paid $160 for new keys and i love it

Old 06-22-2006, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

There are a few ways to do it, most have just cranked the tortion bars. I cranked mine 2.5 turns each side and the truck sits completly level now...for free I have not noticed any ride difference at all truck still handles like stock. Or you can install re-indexed torsion bar cams, this will keep the tortion bar adj factory but lift the front end up. go to this link on ebay H3 level lift contact the seller and tell him you only want the cams, I have talked to him before and he will sell only the cams. If you buy the lift the way it is in the auction it comes with add a leaves in the rear which will lift the whole truck but still leave you with the raked look.

Hey importkiller

Can you post instructions on how to do this? I've read other threads about this but no one posted instructions. I would really appreciate it!! I'm going to try to do it this weekend.

Thank you!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: inked

Hey importkiller

Can you post instructions on how to do this? I've read other threads about this but no one posted instructions. I would really appreciate it!! I'm going to try to do it this weekend.

Thank you!
If you search around on this site in the H3 forum, you will find another thread that discusses the merits and procedures for turning the torsion bars. In a nut shell, there are two bolts that are facing down in the center cross member. These are connected to the torsion bar cams. Crank on them clockwise to gain height, and counter clockwise to lower the vehicle.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

ORIGINAL: inked

Hey importkiller

Thank you!
If you search around on this site in the H3 forum, you will find another thread that discusses the merits and procedures for turning the torsion bars. In a nut shell, there are two bolts that are facing down in the center cross member. These are connected to the torsion bar cams. Crank on them clockwise to gain height, and counter clockwise to lower the vehicle.
Thanks guys, found it: https://www.hummerforums.com/m_2595/tm.htm
Will do it this weekend and post a before and after pic.

Marc

Old 06-25-2006, 02:39 AM

I have tried emailed Sandy River Enterprises, the company with the ebay leveling kit but haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know how to get in contact with them?

Does anyone know the difference between changing the torsion keys and changing the torsion cam?

Quick Reply: H3 Leveling Kit