Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

TORSION BAR ADJUSTMENT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Default RE: TORSION BAR ADJUSTMENT

i think my next project will be the 35 i glad the fit the factoy rims

Old 02-19-2006, 03:49 AM

Can you still mount the spare tire on the back? Does anyone make a 34" tire and how would that work on a stock suspension H3? I think BFG makes a 295-75-65 and that should be a 34" right?

Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM

I really want to turn my torsion bar like you did.But all the 4 wheel drive shops aroundhere in dallas ftworth say DONT DO IT.They all say it will be a rough ride and ride very bad.they are not tring to sell me a lift or leveling kit instead of this. they all say it will wear tires bad and quick and i will regret it later.what do you think is it a rougher ride then before you did it ? matbe just a little? bit or lot ?do you still have the turning radius that you had ? you know these h 3 really turn around sharp on a 180 turn.any one else tried it yet ? what to do to do or not to do ?i really dont want to spend the 499 on a leveling kit or the 3000 on a 4 inch lift help from any one else who has tried this thanks.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: nascar 17

I really want to turn my torsion bar like you did.But all the 4 wheel drive shops aroundhere in dallas ftworth say DONT DO IT.They all say it will be a rough ride and ride very bad.they are not tring to sell me a lift or leveling kit instead of this. they all say it will wear tires bad and quick and i will regret it later.what do you think is it a rougher ride then before you did it ? matbe just a little? bit or lot ?do you still have the turning radius that you had ? you know these h 3 really turn around sharp on a 180 turn.any one else tried it yet ? what to do to do or not to do ?i really dont want to spend the 499 on a leveling kit or the 3000 on a 4 inch lift help from any one else who has tried this thanks.
I think I also agree..Like a I posted in another thread....if GM intended for the Butt to be raised like a cat in heat..well so be it..Besides that means you'd have to realign the headlights and stuff..[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 PM

LEVELING KIT IS $160 and if you have some one do it with the alignment and they do the headlight $120. I think it worth it, it rides a little harder but not much i had it for 6 month now tires are fine but it depend on what you like i knew just like a lift kit it will ride a little harder you get use to it. They do sell a leveling kit with a add a leaf to give it that slant look to put bigger tires on but it not level but a lot of people like that look.

Old 03-12-2006, 05:46 PM

Where did you find a leveling kit for 160 ? I cant find one for that much? I can only find one at stalion for 499.00 Is the ride diffrence worth it ?i cant find anyone else who sells the leveling kit around here.i wander if if turning the torsion bar is a bad idea ?and where did you get the leveling kit for 160 ? how much labor did thet charge you to put it on ?

Old 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM

Where did you find a leveling kit for 160 ? I cant find one for that much? I can only find one at stalion for 499.00 Is the ride diffrence worth it ?i cant find anyone else who sells the leveling kit around here.i wander if if turning the torsion bar is a bad idea ?and where did you get the leveling kit for 160 ? how much labor did thet charge you to put it on ?

This is not the one but write the seller and tell him you looking for just the leveling kit he usally has one on but probaly
sold it he makes them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem THIS ONE HERE GIVE YOU THAT SLANT LOOK

I have mine it's great it lift the front 2in or a little lower if you want where are you from if you live in mass this is a good place he did mine http://www.wyldchyldcustoms.com/

Old 03-12-2006, 07:58 PM

I want the one that makes the frount level withtthe back.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 PM

YA JUST WRITE THAT SELLER AND TELL HIM WHAT U WANT

Old 03-12-2006, 09:43 PM

This is what u looking for just like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8044722766

Quick Reply: TORSION BAR ADJUSTMENT