Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   New H2 SUT Suspension problems (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/new-h2-sut-suspension-problems-9836/)

KUMMER 02-03-2008 07:26 AM

New H2 SUT Suspension problems

Goodday all, and in advance thanks for all the great info. I'm gonna ask lots of questions, cause I just got my H2 SUT, and LUVIN IT !!! Suspension-wise, the service airsuspension message is displayed. Everything seems to be working fine, leveller works, nothing seems to be sagging in the rear. Any ideas where to start ??

Also, I'd like to treat the airbags with something, hopefully they will last longer and function more efficiently. What does everyone else use ??

Thanks

vilim12 02-03-2008 03:07 PM

RE: New H2 SUT Suspension problems

What year is it, Im not much of a help but I can guarantee someone else will be able to help you. What do you mean by treating the airbags ive never heard of anyone "treating" the airbag and by airbag you mean the suspension one right? lets see some pics of the car too

KUMMER 02-04-2008 09:55 PM

I saw in another forum someone treating their bags, like treating rubber door seals.Just wondering what other people use.
The service code comes on, but everything seems to be working. It is an 05' SUT with 21000 miles, so shouldn't be wearing out yet.
Not sagging either. Ideas ??

vilim12 02-05-2008 08:05 PM

I dont know much about mechanics but it could be a faulty sensor or maybe even a small leak that just keeps filling in without you even knowing

Trace 06-07-2012 10:51 PM

if your air suspension light comes on then gors off after you restart the engine what does that mean

Gurba 01-20-2016 11:56 AM

If there is a small leak and the compressor constantly keeps running to compensate you will soon be in the market for a New compressor. Check the leveling sensors. You should see them in front of each rear tire.

Doc Olds 01-26-2016 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gurba (Post 333131)
If there is a small leak and the compressor constantly keeps running to compensate you will soon be in the market for a New compressor. Check the leveling sensors. You should see them in front of each rear tire.

You are responding to a ONE TIME wonder poster, who posted their glorious one question 3.5 YEARS ago in a thread that is 7.5 YEARS OLD. Please refrain from bumping old threads. Please refrain from posting in the Drivetrain Area and note where it says: "This section is an archive of older posts, please post new questions in the specific model section. Thank you!"

Gurba 01-26-2016 02:53 PM

Hmm I Guess there isn't much going on here since such old posts are so readily available. You should Close them for comments if an honest mistake is such a nuisance.