PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Is hockey a good sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Default HELP! Is hockey a good sport?

I have a 5th grader who's into comics and graphic novel type stuff, collects sports cards, etc. Trying to get him interested in physical sports, he's overdue. Took him to some NFL and NHL games this season, suddenly he likes hockey. Not having much of a sport background other than summer baseball, is hockey really a good idea??
Do I risk letting him get banged up and hating the sport all together? At the same time I don't want to discourage him. I'm not sure how to handle the sports stuff but I have to play dad too and I think he needs a sport. Help. Please.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Organized team sports are more than just sports. They bring with them valuable life lessons that stay with you forever. Teamwork, dependability, leadership, and pride are just a few of them. Hockey is pretty regional on the younger levels, and is only real popular up north. That's why the best football players tend to come from the south. There's little or no interest in hockey down there.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SemperSaint
Organized team sports are more than just sports. They bring with them valuable life lessons that stay with you forever. Teamwork, dependability, leadership, and pride are just a few of them. Hockey is pretty regional on the younger levels, and is only real popular up north. That's why the best football players tend to come from the south. There's little or no interest in hockey down there.
Thanks Semper. My house is made up of Bears and Packer fans so rivalry is not a stranger, there isn't much about hockey going on in my house so it surprised me that he'd take interest. I have him in Scouts and the usual summer baseball but he needs more activity.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 PM

Hockey is awesome. Let the little fella try it out.. If he likes it he will learn team work, patience, leadership and will get lots of exercise so when he gets home he will be all tuckered out...

Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hey guys, last post was over a year ago. Doubt the OP is still checking this thread.