PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

some light weekend wheeling with a friend

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Default some light weekend wheeling with a friend

couple of weekends ago me and friend decided to go out and mess around at some construction sights and whatnot. yes his truck is 2wd, and im sure you'll say hes stupid for taking it. we already had that planned out. we were just going to go through some light stuff around the construction sights and i already had my tow rope tied to his car so i could pull him out real quick when he did (alot) get stuck. anyways, he ended up getting stuck in some mud and it took us 8 hours to get him out

i beat the hell out of my h3 on this trip trying to get him out, i never got stuck, but i would sink down in the mud when i'd try to pull him out, and i'd have to spend a while getting myself out of my ruts...but what can you expect on 1/2 bald a/t's. i ran the i-5 to death too...never once had a problem out there, and havent had a problem yet....a true testament to the hummer name

not stuck in this picture...although it looks like it

stuck...

mid-day break

stuck again

a pause to explain how he got stuck....i was in the lead, taking this back road we found at the construction sight. it wasnt bad at all so i was going about 35mph down it. there was tall grass and after a slight turn i see the road turn into a nice thick mud pit. i stopped b/c i knew he couldnt make it through. well he didnt really see me and slammed into the back of me. it bumped me into the mud, and he kept on the throttle straight into the mud...needless to say i still didnt get stuck and then went back through it again to get to the other side, haha. it took us 8 hours to get him out b/c i couldnt find traction with my tires and every time i stopped it would start to sink down into the mud, even in the grass.

pic of me trying to get him out, notice the ruts it dug from just sitting there while i hooked him up

this one took me a while to work out of, lots of forward and reverse

here's the truck it took to finally get him out. dodge ram 2500, 4' lift, 35' m/t's and

Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Default RE: some light weekend wheeling with a friend

Great Pics.....Mud is GOOD !

Old 04-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

There would have been a fight if someone rear ended me while wheeling....

Nice pics....

Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 PM

didnt the the nissan guy knew what he was doing just with what he was wearing out there... also maybe the truck he choose too :P
looked like great fun! the rear ending story almost reminds me of when I was wheelin and a guy in a explorer(manual) couldnt get his truck started so we decided to push start him using my brush guard to push start him... well he ended up hitting a jump which made his rear window hit my brush guard... he wasnt a happy camper after that heh!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Injunfarian

didnt the the nissan guy knew what he was doing just with what he was wearing out there... also maybe the truck he choose too :P
yeah, no damage at all to the hummer, put a nice scratch on his bumper.

and he had on a shirt and jeans when the day began, but shed clothes as he got them muddy (i came prepared)...but that was as close to naked as he got

Old 04-02-2008, 10:40 PM

MUST.....WASH.....MY......EYES.......Name:  hypnotised.gif
Views: 29
Size:  7.6 KB

Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM

hahahaha!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:27 AM

SWEET PICS

Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 AM

It's amazing just how well these trucks pull in heavy mud/slop with even semi bald tires. i have seen reg 4 x 4 trucks get stuck on flat wet grass. go figure

Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 AM

Nice pictures.

Quick Reply: some light weekend wheeling with a friend