PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Snow, Snow and more Snow!!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Snow, Snow and more Snow!!

Is Canuckian a word? Yeah it was high 70s in Phoenix and Orange County this week. No snow, no, rain, no clouds...just beautiful. I would trade a few days of this weather for a couple of days of snow to play in.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: JeepeaterH3

wow. i was swimming in the pool this week. i love florida. lol
You just lost my vote!!!![:@]

Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

The most snow we ever got was in 1971, 150" we are at 130" now!!!
In Western New York (Buffalo area) we get lake effect snow off Lake Erie that can be unbelievable at times. Some snow bands can be only miles wide dumping feet of snow on one community and sparing the folks just a few miles away.

Five or six years ago on Christmas Eve it started snowing and didn’t stop for 3 days. When it finally stopped some parts of town had 12 feet of snow! I live 15 miles north of Buffalo and only got 2 feet of the white stuff. There was so much snow that there was no place to plow it or pile it. The city looked like a parking lot and the National Guard was called in to help clear the streets.

This winter has been very mild compared to past winters. Last week it was 63* but this weekend we’re expecting 8” to 10" of snow and it’s snowing right now!

One of our members “J9SH3” lives in Oswego, NY and they get snow like that every year off Lake Ontario.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM

That is completely unfair!!!!!! We've had some good snow here in upstate NY, but as soon as it comes, it warms up and freekin rains!!!! I've taken my sled out twice this year!!! I could ride to my hearts content up there...I've always wanted to haul my sled to Canada and ride, but I've had a few friends who have gone just in the past two years and had their sleds stolen. One guy had the whole trailer taken, someone unhitched it from his truck while he was eating breakfast and drove off with it, with 3 sleds inside... so I'm a little hesitant

Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 AM

Must of been in a bad part of Canada!!! I know there are bad places like Manitoba, there are guys out there that would steel anything to be able to pay for there bling!!![8D]

Seriously where did this happen?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

That is completely unfair!!!!!! We've had some good snow here in upstate NY, but as soon as it comes, it warms up and freekin rains!!!! I've taken my sled out twice this year!!! I could ride to my hearts content up there...I've always wanted to haul my sled to Canada and ride, but I've had a few friends who have gone just in the past two years and had their sleds stolen. One guy had the whole trailer taken, someone unhitched it from his truck while he was eating breakfast and drove off with it, with 3 sleds inside... so I'm a little hesitant
Like all places Canada does have its theives etc. But its not much of a problem really when you look at the stats as a whole. crime is very low in many parts of canada.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:03 PM

It may not be "muddin" but it's "snowin"

Here are my snow pics from this morning:
Just leaving the house:

Had to drop off some TP for my buddy from work:

Just thought it was a nice place to take a pic, can't see the river though; sorry

Sorry Impy and RJ, couldn't resist: Yes, I pulled him out:

Yes, I felt bad for the wifey's H3:

It WAS clean:

Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM

Rhill glad to see you got the snow you wanted!!!! I have to admit I'm getting sick of it, we are getting hit with another 15" as we speak[]

Old 03-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

I take it that leaving the snow piled on your wife's car is part of your anti-shopping defense system?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4
One guy had the whole trailer taken, someone unhitched it from his truck while he was eating breakfast and drove off with it, with 3 sleds inside... so I'm a little hesitant
Hummergirl14,
Didn’t the guy ever hear of a trailer lock? I never haul my trailer without one!

Hey rhill20,
How much snow is that in those pictures? I saw on TV this morning that the driving in Ohio was pretty bad. Here in WNY we’ve got 12” on the ground since yesterday afternoon and are expecting another 18-24” by tonight. Visibility is down to around 100 ft. or less. This is the biggest snow event of the entire winter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow, Snow and more Snow!!