Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Okay going out on a limb (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/okay-going-out-limb-39117/)

Crazymountaincycles 12-11-2017 04:44 PM

Okay going out on a limb

Okay, So i've got a 2016 GMC Denali and I love the radio / navigation, Wonder if there's anyway we could install one of those in our trucks?

LoJac963 12-12-2017 01:46 PM

Anything is possible with enough money.

Taking modern technology into an 11 year old vehicle will take a lot of programming work and who knows what else. Go for it if money is burning a hole in your pocket and post pics! :D

MixManSC 12-13-2017 07:16 AM

Thats a awful big limb..... Problem is very different electrical systems and the fact that the factory radios are very integrated with other factory systems as well as a very custom physical front face with the controls below the screen and all.

I'd think on an 03-07 it would be massively expensive due to the severe dash and wiring modifications needed. On 08 and 09 H2's, those do have the newer GM electrical system and the dash bit would probably be a lot easier to deal with but would still be a huge amount of custom fabrication and electrical work. Which still might be reasonably possible - I'm not sure if the even later years GM trucks had more major electrical system changes.

Like LoJac said though...... for the right amount of money anything is possible. What is far easier though is a good aftermarket stereo. There are custom fit ones for the 08/09 GM trucks that wold likely fit very nicely in the 08/09 H2's as well as pretty much any aftermarket double din size that will work in any H2 with an installation kit and harness adapter.

Crazymountaincycles 12-13-2017 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963 (Post 348642)
Anything is possible with enough money.

Taking modern technology into an 11 year old vehicle will take a lot of programming work and who knows what else. Go for it if money is burning a hole in your pocket and post pics! :D

Been at the Caddy dealship most of the morning He's checking to see what all makes up the new radio setup. Money isn't burning a hole in my pocket by no means, just like the new setup. Was thinking if i could get one out of a wrecked truck for next to nothing it would be wroth trying it..

SEMAHummerH2 12-16-2017 03:46 AM

Why would you want an O.E.M setup? for the price you pay you can get high end Pioneer that will give you voice command as well as facebook messaging and everything else or **** for all that money you could get a tablet installed at a custom shop and have it looking like a Tesla dash......but hey it's your money.

Crazymountaincycles 12-16-2017 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by SEMAHummerH2 (Post 348709)
Why would you want an O.E.M setup? for the price you pay you can get high end Pioneer that will give you voice command as well as facebook messaging and everything else or **** for all that money you could get a tablet installed at a custom shop and have it looking like a Tesla dash......but hey it's your money.

Because i'd like for my Onstar to work with everything, plus i don't have anyone around here that can do a Tesla Dash or any custom shops. I'd love to have a Tablet if I could get someone to do it, I've been in the junk yard trying to figure it out of what all it takes to run the new system. If you've got any good custom shops that could build something for me so i only have to plug it up i'd be up for that also. I'd love to get to go to SEMA but i don't know anyone or how i could get tickets. Plus i'm in NC