PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Moab, Shhmoab...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Default Moab, Shhmoab...

And you thought Las Vegas was only known for gambling?....Moab aint got nothin on us!!........
Just some pictures from this past Sunday up at one of my favorite local ride spots, Red Rock Canyon.

It doesn't look like it, but it was fairly steep here. Got a little skid plate lovin from the ground.

A friend playin on the rocks

My turn

Up one way

and down the other

Old 08-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Default RE: Moab, Shhmoab...

Looks like fun!!!! I definatly want to make it out there sometime...

Old 08-23-2006, 12:40 AM

Sweet pictures man, that looks like alot of fun

Where abouts was that? Is red rock canyon in any relation to the valley of fire, or even near eachother? the valley of fire was pretty incredible to soak it all in, but I'm sure thats not exactly ground breaking news to you LOL.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 PM

Where abouts was that? Is red rock canyon in any relation to the valley of fire, or even near eachother?
They're about 80 miles apart from each other. Both equally beautiful in their own way. Red Rock Is more mountainous desert, and Valley of Fire is flat for the most part, with (beach like) sand, and "red rock" formations scattered around.

here's a map to kinda show you distance wise where each is.
Yahoo Maps

Old 08-23-2006, 06:49 PM

Looks like fun!....If only my husband would let me get mine dirty...[sm=gears.gif].

Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

I can't WAIT to do this. I'm still formulating a plan for a nationwide road trip. I have to post some pics of the places we went last year. I have a route that would be awsome.

I figure, I start out on the east coast, and put together a map of all who want to go, then we pick each other up one by one on the way to the west coast where all the good off-roading seems to be.

We have to factor in alot of things though, basically making sure people can drive for extended periods of time I can drive about 16 to 20 hours straight. Of course we wouldn't be that drastic. I think it would alot of work, but it would be something nobody would ever forget. Alot of work for alot of fun.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:31 PM

otis, Your pics aren't working

Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 PM

i had a little talking to with the guys over at ProPicHosting....[sm=bicker.gif]

should be working here soon

Old 08-29-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: otis

i had a little talking to with the guys over at ProPicHosting....[sm=bicker.gif]

should be working here soon
THANKS!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I can't WAIT to do this. I'm still formulating a plan for a nationwide road trip. I have to post some pics of the places we went last year. I have a route that would be awsome.

I figure, I start out on the east coast, and put together a map of all who want to go, then we pick each other up one by one on the way to the west coast where all the good off-roading seems to be.

We have to factor in alot of things though, basically making sure people can drive for extended periods of time I can drive about 16 to 20 hours straight. Of course we wouldn't be that drastic. I think it would alot of work, but it would be something nobody would ever forget. Alot of work for alot of fun.

holy crap, with my gas mileage that would cost a fortune!!!!

Quick Reply: Moab, Shhmoab...