PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Costal Electronics GM Lockpick and Onstar Pick Won't Work

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Default Costal Electronics GM Lockpick and Onstar Pick Won't Work

For those of you trying to contact Coastal Electronics Technologies regarding the use of their products "GM Lockpick" and "Onstar Lockpick" I managed to get them on the phone and was told that these products WILL NOT work in Hummer vehicles. I pointed out they used similar if not the same radios in the other GM products but was told these products are not compatable. Have any other users on the forum been successful in using these products?

Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Default RE: Costal Electronics GM Lockpick and Onstar Pick Won't Work

i never heard of it before until just now... looks cool though

Old 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

If you are referring to when you lock yourself out of your Hummer, I don't think that's true. They were able to do it for me when I first set it up. They demo'd it for me. It worked just fine. Maybe it's something they no longer do, but that doesn't make much sense.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

If you are referring to when you lock yourself out of your Hummer, I don't think that's true. They were able to do it for me when I first set it up. They demo'd it for me. It worked just fine. Maybe it's something they no longer do, but that doesn't make much sense.
No... it has to do with being able to watch dvd's while driving and a bluetooth hack...lol

Old 03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

OH, DUH. I re-read it and yeah, oops [&:]

Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 PM

I installed a dvd nav. lockpick on an 06 h3 and it works flawlessly.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I installed a dvd nav. lockpick on an 06 h3 and it works flawlessly.
Is yours the lockpick, or lockpick 2? they released a newer version of it.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 PM

I'll have to check the invoiceto seewhat it was. It wasn't on my truck, it was a customers. I think it was teh newer version though, I know it took almost forever to get it.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I'll have to check the invoiceto seewhat it was. It wasn't on my truck, it was a customers. I think it was teh newer version though, I know it took almost forever to get it.
I'll be very curious. I have an 07 H3, but I have installed a 2006 H3 factory NAV system, and want to add a backup camera, and unlock the address lock when moving, and this seemed like just the ticket!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 AM

The one thing I noticed is that the 06 radio is the same as a lot of the 06 gm models that they say it will work on, thats why I tried it and it worked fine. I think that they are probably a small company that doesn't have the resources to test it on a hummer so they say it won't work to avoid people getting pissed if in fact it doesn't work right....just a guess.

If I can get all the data that was saved on my fried hard drive restored somehow I will let you know what kind it was that I used...all my invoices from my distributor are via internet and unfortunetly they were all saved on my hard drive, along with all the pictures of my son since his birth that I never got around to backing up[:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Costal Electronics GM Lockpick and Onstar Pick Won't Work