Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   06 H2 SUT Factory RE-install (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/06-h2-sut-factory-re-install-41250/)

H2-SUT 04-15-2019 09:32 PM

06 H2 SUT Factory RE-install

I just purchased an 06 H2 SUT that the previous owner had replaced the factory unit and installed a Kenwood DDX374BT.

I would like to install a GM nav unit and restore the system back factory.

Here's what I know, the H2 was originally equipped with the UE6 (multi CD), it also has UQA (the speakers have the BOSE logo on them) and UWF Rear seat entertainment and option code U2K also has code UE1 and it has the shark blade antenna on the roof.

What I dont know is if this H2 what was considered to have the high end Bose Performance series or how much the system was butchered up installing the Kenwood unit.

So, my questions are, does anyone know the factory RPO code for factory Nav and recommendations on who might have one. Next, factory performance amp, as I understand it I should find it under the console. Would this have any identifying info to confirm it could be used with the high end factory nav unit. Any and all suggestions are welcome (short of suggesting I keep the Kenwood, lol)

H2-SUT 06-18-2019 05:08 PM

I managed to get it all sorted it all out, so I thought I would share what I have learned,

First, the SUT does not have the high end Bose amp used in the SUV with the premier sound system.

The SUT has the smaller Bose amp pn 1596773 and works with the standard NAV unit (15800000) If you try to use the premier head (NAV radio) 15800001 with the SUT you will get no sound.

Vehicle chimes are an interaction between the vehicle BCM and NAV/AMP. If any part of this hardware is missing you will not get vehicle notices or chimes.
This can use an aftermarket radio with an added chime module and aftermarket GM interface to get some of this functionality back but if you have back seat entertainment you will find not all things will work.

The factory GPS antenna mount under the dash top, here is a picture with the top removed and the location where the antenna mounts:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...7a3433f7a3.jpg

The factory antenna has a pigtail and connector that plugs directly into the rear of the NAV radio.
Finally, wrapping it up installing the factory NAV radio is one of those things that you want to do only if you want your H2 to be full factory, perhaps if you wish to keep it pristine as a collectors item.
The factory SUT NAV does sound good considering it only has 4 door speakers, 2 "A" pillar speakers and a small subwoofer in the console. It is also limited to either a single CD or the NAV DVD.
Unfortunately you don't get both at the same time.

Aftermarket units provide a great deal more functionality, bluetooth, iphone/android carplay integration as well as optional NAV and satellite radio. You can add aftermarket interfaces to give you factory steering wheels controls and chimes.
Enjoy those road tunes!

bronxteck 06-18-2019 10:01 PM

I tried the factory nav on my H2 it did not sound as good as the 6cd that it came with. so I put the 6cd back in.

H2-SUT 06-19-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck (Post 361805)
I tried the factory nav on my H2 it did not sound as good as the 6cd that it came with. so I put the 6cd back in.

I think I would agree with your statement, my first H2 SUT had the factory 6 disk changer and I would say I think sound wise it was superior. It also was great having 6 disks you could listen to an any time without having to shuffle them in and out of the player.

If I would have had the original 6 disk changer I doubt I would have gone with the factory NAV. Looking back at the project if I would have been willing to spend 3 to 4 hundred more I could have had everything, but then again, I am trying to keep everything factory.