PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help!!!

Old 11-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Angry Help!!!

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I need help. I have a 2008 Hummer H3 with @130,000 miles and I'm having all kinds of electrical problems with it. Left it at the Chevrolet dealership for 3 MONTHS and they were useless! The finally told me they couldn't fix it. They replaced the alternator, the ECM, the wiring harness to the ECM, the ABS system, etc., etc. Now $3,000 later, it's still not working. The electrical system is just going haywire! It started off with the ABS sensor coming on the screen, then it said something about Traction Control, then A/C off, then Brakes failure. At the same time, the windshield wipers would just come on whenever they got ready. The tail lights and headlights would go off, and sometimes it would just quit when I put it in gear. Of course, I could turn the headlight switch from AUTO to ON and you can put it in gear then. This is just ridiculous that Chevrolet can't fix their own vehicle. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Two Questions:
1) does your truck have a sunroof?
2) do you still have the factory OEM Battery Terminal Connectors?

If yes to #1, has your passenger floor been wet after a rain?
See this thread: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Plan on replacing the BCM and having it flashed.

If yes to #2, hack off the crappy azzed factory garbage Battery Terminal Connectors and replaces them with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand. Easy fix to a known problem and will permanently rule out this weak link for any future electrical issue.

PS: A Dealership is the LAST place to bring an out of warranty vehicle for service, find a reputable local repair facility.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:24 PM

what he said 100%