Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need button for gear shift

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 04:23 PM

A follow up, at the last minute I switched my order to 'Black Strong and Flexible' because I figured that way I could avoid painting it and just have a black button if I chose...

It arrived a while back and here are some pictures, there is some 'stepping' on the top of the button and that could easily be taken down with some light sand paper but it honestly doesn't bug me so I left it... Note the picture exaggerates the stepping, it's not nearly that obvious on the small button... The button snapped in very solidly and functions perfectly and I like the 'texture' of it...

Thank you mijohns3 for the model...

Old 08-04-2016, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by MeepBeep
A follow up, at the last minute I switched my order to 'Black Strong and Flexible' because I figured that way I could avoid painting it and just have a black button if I chose...

It arrived a while back and here are some pictures, there is some 'stepping' on the top of the button and that could easily be taken down with some light sand paper but it honestly doesn't bug me so I left it... Note the picture exaggerates the stepping, it's not nearly that obvious on the small button... The button snapped in very solidly and functions perfectly and I like the 'texture' of it...

Thank you mijohns3 for the model...

what file format did you send them, I've tried to send the files from mijohns3 and it says they are not the right files

Old 08-04-2016, 02:01 AM

Got it .... and ordered! Thanks to mijohns3 and MeepBeep I had gone to HomeDepot and got a piece of wooden dowel (Free out of the scrap bin) which I carved and sanded until it fit, painted it black which works very well but this will be better I think.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:42 PM

I uploaded the STL file, double check scaling upon upload, should the dimensions as see in the picture bellow...

And I made it in the Black Strong and Flexible (nylon) they offer a white as well as polished and colored version of this same material... I have no experience with their polishing method and didn't want to risk rounding off the locking tabs so I skipped that option and just got the raw print...

Old 09-09-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by mijohns3
Glad I could help. I've found that if you print it out of ABS plastic, the same problem happens, the tabs break off because the plastic is too brittle. Also, even though I measured and modeled it and it fits my 03 model, some people are saying it is too loose for their trucks. So my model may not be perfect for everyone.
Im in desperate need of one of your 3D printed shifter buttons! The tabs broke off of mine now it pops out onto the floor. I dont have a bot but i do have PayPal and would love to buy one from you! Please let me know how to go about this. Thank you in advance

Old 09-10-2016, 08:06 PM

If you read my previous post(s) you can use/upload mijohns3 model and have it printed in nylon by Shapeways.com for under $15 delivered... There are probably other places that will print it in nylon or other materials as well, but I'm a loyal Shapeways customer so I have no experience with other 3D printing companies and thus can't recommend any... And I believe Shapeways allows you to pay with Paypal...

Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 PM

why dont you just buy a different shifter. I have several of them

Old 09-14-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
why dont you just buy a different shifter. I have several of them
For me that answer is simple, less than $15 to fix the OEM shifter vs several $100s to replace it...

Old 04-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Default High hopes for new shifter button

MeepBeep, Thank you so much for posting your efforts to obtain a shifter button from Shapeway. Following your posts helped me to walk right through the process. Your photos of the black shifter button led me to order the black. I'm just waiting for the package to arrive in a few days. I noticed they have many possibilities for making the button. The least price I found for a new handle for the 2003 h2 was $222.00 from a gm dealer in Nebraska. I'm with you, less than $15 is a lot better than $222.00. And, mijohns3, who made the .stl file available should have a hero's medal of some description. What a team player! Thanks again! Oh, one more little thing, since this was my first order from Shapeway, the shipping was free... I don't know if that's their usual policy or not.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Default Incredible!

This thread is awesome -

Anyone made any 3D seat control switches (the round one from the side of the seat controls)!? I’ve been looking forever!

Quick Reply: Need button for gear shift