Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Yellow Roof Lights?! How...Where...? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/yellow-roof-lights-how-where-34870/)

mrealm 02-25-2015 07:44 PM

Yellow Roof Lights?! How...Where...?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys!

I see all these H2's with roughly 4-5 small yellowish/orangeish lights on their roofs above the front windshield and it looks great especially when it's night.

I can't seem to find where I would buy these for my H3. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've attached a couple of photos so you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks guys!

Bunger 02-26-2015 05:43 AM

Those running lights were a factory option. Mine has them.
They were also available as a dealer installed option.
They were also available as a self install kit.

They are no longer made. GM has no stock left. Your only hope is that an occasional set shows up on Ebay once in a while but they are $$$$$. Beware of buying used ones that have already been installed. They mount with Rivenut fasteners that stay behind on the vehicle it comes off of. You would need a set of those fasteners to be able to mount it to your vehicle and they aren't easy to find either. The fasteners also require a special tool to install the Rivenuts to the roof.

A clone is available from G-Style at $1200, but i haven't heard of anyone buying a set, so I have no clue on the quality of those

Doc Olds 02-26-2015 09:15 AM

What Bunger said.

The other option is, you buy a set of individual aftermarket lights, installing each separately in a similar pattern (or make your own pattern) then wire them together and tap the running light/headlight circuit (or wire a separate switch) to power. There are some guys that have done this and made the results look pretty darn good.

rsc 02-26-2015 09:21 AM

I've heard of a couple flying off. I would install the individual lights directly to the roof instead of that plastic panel.

H3Ray 02-26-2015 01:16 PM

After considering this mod myself, then I finally said f___ it.
Not worth the hassle and expense.

mrealm 02-28-2015 06:59 PM

Isn't this it?
Amber LED Cab Roof Top Lights Marker Running Lamps Smoke 5pcs Set | eBay

citiboy 02-28-2015 07:42 PM

This, but still missing the middle plastic housing.

2006 2010 Hummer H3 Roof Mounted CLEARANCE Lights Lamps Full Set 5X New | eBay

mrealm 02-28-2015 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by citiboy (Post 323879)
This, but still missing the middle plastic housing.

2006 2010 Hummer H3 Roof Mounted CLEARANCE Lights Lamps Full Set 5X New | eBay

Nice find. What exactly is the middle plastic housing though? Sorry..

citiboy 03-01-2015 03:21 PM

If you look at the pics that you've posted, it is the one in the middle that the 3 marker lights we're installed.

mrealm 03-01-2015 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by citiboy (Post 323917)
If you look at the pics that you've posted, it is the one in the middle that the 3 marker lights we're installed.

Still not following man. It looks like the eBay link you posted had all 5 lights, so I just don't know what's missing. Sorry mate!

choochmalooch 03-02-2015 01:36 AM

There is a plastic piece that spans the front of the roof from corner molding to corner molding on all the OEM appearance lights. My H3 came with it already installed. It's actually more of a pain than anything else. It makes a lot of wind noise at speeds over 70mph.

Bunger 03-02-2015 10:02 AM

The plastic piece is what the 3 middle lights are mounted to. It allows you to easily wire the 3 middle lights & the 2 end lights, without having to pop holes for wiring thru the roof in 5 places and having to pull the head liner to run wiring. The kit wiring runs up the driver's side A pillar between the A pillar plastic trim and the actual A pillar then underneath the middle plastic piece and above the roof, over to the passenger's side A pillar light.

These 5 lights on ebay are JUST the lights. The FULL lighting kit would contain the 2 end lights, the 3 middle lights mounted to the plastic piece, the drilling template for mounting, wiring instructions and hardware.

Note that the 3 middle lights are designed to mount to the plastic piece and they may not match the contour of the roof which has a different contour than the plastic piece.