Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   windshield pitting anyone esle? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/windshield-pitting-anyone-esle-1698/)

branstone 09-01-2006 06:26 PM

windshield pitting anyone esle?

i bought my 06 H3 in dec , i do do a lot of freeway driving, but seriously, my front windsheild is pitted bad all over in 7 months?

this cant be right, I am asking the dealer when i go in on tuesday to get my door fixed ,

oh yea a bolt just fell off my door hinge ,,, cant see where it came from. now rthe door feels and sounds creaky.

steelcity 09-02-2006 12:13 AM

RE: windshield pitting anyone esle?

Judging by the enormous amount of bugs on my windshield, I’m not surprised. The H3’s windshield aerodynamics isn’t very good. (That’s what makes it a Hummer) All of those bugs, small stones, and other debris that went over your last vehicle are hitting your windshield square on.

skeeet 09-02-2006 06:04 AM

The angle of the windshield will do that. I just do not tailgate and stay a good distance behind so I have not had this problem. I do get more bugs on the windshield than I can believe. On my Corvette they seem to be deflected away and only the big bugs stick.

topcarbon 09-02-2006 11:54 AM

I had a lot of pitting and some minor chips too. I took the Hummer back and asked for a new windshield. They replaced it without question. Legengs Cadilac Hummer over performed. I don't know if you will have the same result but you can always ask.

branstone 09-05-2006 08:25 PM

we will see i brought in in today and told them i wanted it fixed, servie guy said he would see what he could do.

dilo2001gt 09-05-2006 08:38 PM

It just going to keep happing the way it is design.

cnynctry 09-05-2006 10:52 PM

Guess you could get the tear off like they use in NASCAR. Make your wife jump out at the stop light and tear one off when it gets too hard to see.

sean 09-09-2006 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: branstone

i bought my 06 H3 in dec , i do do a lot of freeway driving, but seriously, my front windsheild is pitted bad all over in 7 months?

this cant be right, I am asking the dealer when i go in on tuesday to get my door fixed ,

oh yea a bolt just fell off my door hinge ,,, cant see where it came from. now rthe door feels and sounds creaky.
Windshield replacement could be an option but buffing can also help and can remedy minor blemishes, but can create a bit of haze though. The common kind of windshield that is pitted generally, can be fixed and made fairly invisible by injecting sealant into the fissures.