Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   When you bought H3T..... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/when-you-bought-h3t-19715/)

SolidJJ 06-18-2010 03:49 PM

When you bought H3T.....

So I just wanted to know when and where did you pick up you H3T?

I picked my mine T at AL Serra Hummer CO, Colorado Springs two days after I came home from OIF 07-09 in Feb. 09. When I was on RR leave in Aug. 08 I wanted to check out a H3, but when me and the wife went to look at it to me it just felt to small. Now I'm not a big guy at all 5'6" 155lb, but with a wife a 2 year old and a 6 year old running around it just didn't do it for me. So I think it was the Nov. Car and Driver came out what was on the cover? The new H3T! I loved the look and it was two feet longer and I was always a GM guy so it was great for me. Like I said two days after I came home I told the wife I just wanted to look at it, they had only one on the lot and I walked up to it and said " I just want to look at it " the dealer said " come on soldier, lets take it out " so with 8 miles on it we went all around and came back with 23 miles on it. So when I was walking away they asked me to look at some number but I told them " I'm just a SPC I can't make payment on that thing " but they talk me into looking at them numbers and they really good, I traded my 98 2 door blazer and went home with my H3T. But I really wish I knew what the Alpha type was, I would of been more happy with a V8. But I love my T my frist new truck ever and I'm never going to traded it in. I love the look and no one eles has one.

jrc1122 06-18-2010 08:35 PM

I bought mine May 18th 2010. (1 month ago today)

It is a New Boulder Gray 2009 (but was used as a DEMO)
I got a killer deal, which I needed because I had tons of negative equity. But wanted a new toy.

I began negotiating over the phone on Saturday. That carried over into Monday (and drove out Tuesday to go pick it up) (About a 6 hour trip each way)

davyo 06-18-2010 11:28 PM

Got my black base model H3T on 5/20/10, traded my black 08 H3 in on the H3T,,, had my H3T shipped to me from a dealer in Phoneix AZ (Lund Cad.) as no dealer in here Las Vegas could get one for me.

To locate my black H3T I called Hummer's 1-800 number, they refured me to the dealer in AZ,,, the dealer in Az had it shipped to them from Im not sure were before they could ship it to me.

Did the whole deal online and via fax and FedEx overnight mail,,, never had to set foot in the dealership,,, that means there was no stress and no bull**** to deal with.

On a side note,,, I was also looking at getting a Toyota Tacoma (my other favorite truck),, tried to get one from my local dealer but they would not do the deal on the phone or with faxs or anything else,,,, they wanted me to come to the showroom so they could have me play the car dealership games with them and spend ALL DAY there,,, I told them I would ONLY buy from them if the only time I came to the dealership was to pick-up the Tacoma ONLY after the deal had been done,, but they were more interested in playing games than selling a truck,,,, so Desert Toyota in Las Vegas did not get my business,,,,, all they did was piss me off.

Anyhow,, it all worked out for the better as the H3T was my first choice anyways.

Love my H3T !!!!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

jrc1122 06-19-2010 12:51 AM

yeah same here (kinda) I did the entire dealing on the phone.. I showed up and signed paper work. I told him if the payment went up 1 penny, I walk when I arrived. They agreed.

Tallguy29 06-19-2010 09:50 AM

I completed my whole transaction over the phone as well. I live right outside of Chicago and purchased mine from a dealer in Mississippi.
I was a litle worried at first with not being able to see it in person before the sale, but the saleman was very cooperative with all my questions. Sale went easier than expected.
I attempted to have it shipped but getting a covered transport ended up being a hassle. So I flew down with a temp tag and drove it home. Ended up with a couple extra features not listed (diamonback cover and flowmaster exhaust)
I Love this truck!

jrc1122 06-19-2010 02:53 PM

whats funny is I had never seen and H3T in person, and did it all over the phone. lol... (I based my decision on getting it, off of internet pictures, and cool youtube videos.)

SaltFlyer 06-19-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jrc1122 (Post 225819)
yeah same here (kinda) I did the entire dealing on the phone.. I showed up and signed paper work. I told him if the payment went up 1 penny, I walk when I arrived. They agreed.

Same exact scenario for me. "1 penny" rule was the only way the wife would agree.

JJ

beachbum 06-20-2010 12:30 AM

November 2009 for me, Willmington NC. Last Alpha V8 on Rippy Automotives lot. Didn't want to go with black at the time but the guy kinda talked me into it with the whole China sales thing going on and production halted. He told me it could be January-March before he could get a 2010 model. SOOOO glad I chose not to wait and went with the black. I'd be SOL now if I had (Thanks Dan wherever you are now).

Gunrunner 06-21-2010 06:38 AM

Read about them somewhere on the Internet in the summer of 08. Had a 05' Colly and was generally happy with it's size, but not the anemic power band. The H3T promised an Alpha package with a V8.

In November of 08 I test drive an H3T Alpha and knew the vehicle was perfect for me. Only problem was I couldn't get out of my lease on the Colly without a big penalty. In January, my sales rep called me and told me she had someone to take over my lease, so I jumped on the only H3T Alpha in the lot - a Silver Birch one. A year and a half later, still my favorite truck I've ever owned.

largemouthbass 07-07-2010 07:48 PM

January 4th 2009 Dueck Chevy/Cadillac/Hummer Vancouver BC.

Think I was one of the first here to have one