Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   What should I buy? H2 or H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/what-should-i-buy-h2-h3-18532/)

No more Jeeps 03-01-2010 09:46 PM

What should I buy? H2 or H3

Hi guys new to the whole Hummer scene. Checking out used H2 and H3. Looking to take mine off-road and long trips to off-road destinations with the wife and two kids. Have looked at both. Each vehicle has differences that make it stand out against the other. Which one is more reliable?

PS have been seeing articles on the net about Hummers being vandalized and owners getting comments made to them. Crazy. A Suburban I would think gets the same MPGs. I would beat the heck out of someone if they tried to touch any of my cars.
Thanks.
-Doug

Dan1127 03-02-2010 04:09 PM

H2

I have an H2 and hve been very happy. I go to sand dunes and only beeen stuck once. I let more out of the tires and drove straight up a very steep san dune no problem. I have 85k on mine now love it

08H3 03-02-2010 05:37 PM

Both are great trucks. On the road, the H3 is very nice, but it's not that roomy inside. If space is a concern, go with the H2. Offroad, while I admittedly haven't driven an H2, I'd prefer the H3. Yes, it does have some drivetrain issues, but It's a lot easier to fit down more trails.

drtom 03-02-2010 08:41 PM

if i could feed an h2,,,,

no question, if you can buy and feed a 2,,,,thats it

h3= hi teens

h2 lo to no teens!

its your wallet!

tom

drtom 03-02-2010 08:44 PM

if i could feed an h2,,,,

no question, if you can buy and feed a 2,,,,thats it
i travel alone and i'm crowded on a trip,,,just me!,,in a 3

h3= hi teens

h2 lo to no teens!

its your wallet!

tom

No more Jeeps 03-03-2010 10:16 AM

Thanks guys. I do agree the H3 is the best trail machine as far as size. When test driving the H3 it does feel small. The H2 also seems pretty bullet proof with not too many problems... I think. Any information on H2 problems to look out for before purchase?
Thanks
-Doug

Dan1127 03-03-2010 05:09 PM

Winsheild area noise

I did have a noise at the dash and windshield come together. Mine is 2003 I think that has been addressed, by GM. I have not had any problems. except for issues that the service tech caused.
Good luck
I would not trade my H2 for anything else.

H3DONIST 03-03-2010 05:15 PM

I'd like to know what you were driving before you drove the H3 to make it feel small to you. lol It's not an H2, but it's not small by any means.

No more Jeeps 03-03-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST (Post 219044)
I'd like to know what you were driving before you drove the H3 to make it feel small to you. lol It's not an H2, but it's not small by any means.

When I said small I should have said compared to the H2. My kids felt a little cramped in the H3 compared to the H2. I'm still on the fence on the H2 or H3. I love the rear door on the H3. Very cool. Looking to buy one in the next few weeks and start hitting the trails. Keep the info and opinions coming.
Thanks all.
-Doug

davidsky 03-06-2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST (Post 219044)

An H3 is pretty cramped compared to something like a Traverse or Grand Caravan. An H3 isn't much bigger inside than a Ford Escape or CR-V