Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   WANT 2006 Hummer H3 Muffler Resonator (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/want-2006-hummer-h3-muffler-resonator-28153/)

wsfai 06-20-2012 06:42 PM

WANT 2006 Hummer H3 Muffler Resonator

I need a front Muffler (maybe called resonator) for my 06 H3. Visited a couple of muffler shops, no luck.. Any one has one for sale?

send me an email wsfai@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

mthoodh3 06-20-2012 09:17 PM

wow, i can't beleive the muffler shop didn't offer a similar one for around $100 installed. You do not need an oem replacement. i have actually had 2 different aftermarket resonators installed(the first one wasn't installed properly, so they gave me a new one). I actually had the magnaflow dual system which i bought used and didn't like so i took it to the muffler shop and it supposedly had a bad muffler and leak in resonator which was causing the horrible drone. Anyways i had a larger resonator and muffler installed with dual double walled tips and i am really happy with the sound now. Sorry to get off subject but a local shop should have no problem cutting out the old and welding in a new one for you.

wsfai 06-20-2012 10:20 PM

They have a bunch of them but none of them fit. They asked me to find one myself but without luck.. I may get a complete set for like $500 bucks but that doesn't fit my budget. Any ideas (website, national chain store shops) where I can get one like yours?

Just need to make sure we are on the same page, the resonator I am talking about here is the one right in the middle of the chassis, about 6" in ID and around 18" length.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by mthoodh3 (Post 280051)
wow, i can't beleive the muffler shop didn't offer a similar one for around $100 installed. You do not need an oem replacement. i have actually had 2 different aftermarket resonators installed(the first one wasn't installed properly, so they gave me a new one). I actually had the magnaflow dual system which i bought used and didn't like so i took it to the muffler shop and it supposedly had a bad muffler and leak in resonator which was causing the horrible drone. Anyways i had a larger resonator and muffler installed with dual double walled tips and i am really happy with the sound now. Sorry to get off subject but a local shop should have no problem cutting out the old and welding in a new one for you.

mthoodh3 06-20-2012 10:58 PM

i do know the part you're speaking of but i vaguely remember how it sits under there. I replaced mine on the existing magnaflow tubing. I still think they should be able to find something for you. Mine is approximately 24" long with about a 4" o.d. I would measure and see how long of a resonator you would need once you remove the stock one. The part itself is only $40-$50 if i remember.

Widespread Hummer 06-21-2012 07:18 AM

That sounds like a shop that doesn't want your business. If you can, take it somewhere else, I am sure there is someone that will take care of you without sending your for parts. :)

wsfai 06-21-2012 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
climbed down and took a pic of it.

Originally Posted by mthoodh3 (Post 280054)
i do know the part you're speaking of but i vaguely remember how it sits under there. I replaced mine on the existing magnaflow tubing. I still think they should be able to find something for you. Mine is approximately 24" long with about a 4" o.d. I would measure and see how long of a resonator you would need once you remove the stock one. The part itself is only $40-$50 if i remember.

wsfai 06-21-2012 09:00 PM

I wished that is the case. But checked multiple places without luck. Guess Tulsa is just too small then.

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer (Post 280061)
That sounds like a shop that doesn't want your business. If you can, take it somewhere else, I am sure there is someone that will take care of you without sending your for parts. :)

branstone 06-25-2012 12:11 PM

i have my original one, i replaced with gibson catback, i was saving it, thinking if i ever sold it, the buyer would want the OEM stuff.

mthoodh3 06-25-2012 02:09 PM

i tried to get a pic of my aftermarket resonator for you...its not much wider than the actual pipe. they cut the existing pipes so this would fit in. i have No idea what's up with your muffler shop, but i see no reason they can't do this for you. also, you do not even need the resonator, you can close the gap with more pipe but not sure how it'll sound.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...6-22195110.jpg

BLACKH3T 06-25-2012 02:56 PM

I can promise you there is a shop in Tulsa or in the surrounding area that can do it. You just have to find it, your best bet would probably be a smaller shop that is privately owned. Best muffler shop I ever used was in Sand Springs on highway 97 just east of 51.