Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   updating factory 6 disk to nav syaytem (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/updating-factory-6-disk-nav-syaytem-18546/)

cbrunacc 03-02-2010 07:39 PM

updating factory 6 disk to nav syaytem

hey guys, looking at updating factory 6 disk in my 08 h3 to a nav system. I can get a used system for @ 700. will this be a simple remove old radio and install new one? my understanding the only thing i will need to do is install the gps antenna. if anyone knows any different please let me know. thanks chris

Chrome Dome 03-03-2010 12:25 AM

I actually got a brand new navigation system for under $500 from eBay. I bought the 2010 nav disc from a gm website for $100 dollar, and the gps antenna for around $50 from ebay. Make sure you get the the right gps antenna size. (apparently there are two sizes available, from what the dealer informed me). I too, also upgraded my factory radio to navigation and I really enjoy it. It was about a 1 hour and 20 min installation at the dealer, they had to do theft unlock and install the gps antenna. The navigation radio is just plug in play. In the daytime the navigation screen turns white, and in the nightime it turns black, when it set to auto. Any ideas on how to get rid of the factory radio?? I have a 2006 H3.

D VADER 03-03-2010 08:26 AM

It's plug and play. I did it. You will have to get the radio reprogrammed as your H3 will think the Nav was stolen. Anybody want to buy my 6 CD Monsoon system? :)

Bob

White Wolf 03-03-2010 11:55 AM

I would be very intrested if the six disk changer also reads MP3s unlike the standard single disk system.

D VADER 03-03-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by White Wolf (Post 219022)
I would be very intrested if the six disk changer also reads MP3s unlike the standard single disk system.

I sent you a PM. :)

Bob

kramcard6 03-03-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chrome Dome (Post 219001)
I actually got a brand new navigation system for under $500 from eBay. I bought the 2010 nav disc from a gm website for $100 dollar, and the gps antenna for around $50 from ebay. Make sure you get the the right gps antenna size. (apparently there are two sizes available, from what the dealer informed me). I too, also upgraded my factory radio to navigation and I really enjoy it. It was about a 1 hour and 20 min installation at the dealer, they had to do theft unlock and install the gps antenna. The navigation radio is just plug in play. In the daytime the navigation screen turns white, and in the nightime it turns black, when it set to auto. Any ideas on how to get rid of the factory radio?? I have a 2006 H3.

Heck i can't never find one on ebay... what kinda search did u do?

D VADER 03-03-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by kramcard6 (Post 219058)
Heck i can't never find one on ebay... what kinda search did u do?

I found mine on eBay. Keep lookin' :}

kramcard6 03-04-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by D VADER (Post 219059)
I found mine on eBay. Keep lookin' :}

Does it matter which one I buy? I've seen them from the Caddy/Trucks for about $550... will these work?

D VADER 03-05-2010 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by kramcard6 (Post 219129)
Does it matter which one I buy? I've seen them from the Caddy/Trucks for about $550... will these work?

The electronics might work but I doubt it would fit your dash properly.