Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Tire Sensors (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/tire-sensors-2222/)

Ghostrider 10-23-2006 08:45 PM

Tire Sensors

Its cold & snowy again...my low pressure tire sensor went off. I thought that made sense since it was cold but when I checked the pressures...I'm at 33psi on all but the front drivers side which is 33.5..even the spare is at 33. What gives? This is the 3rd time it went off but I dont see any low pressures!

Dennis 10-23-2006 09:00 PM

RE: Tire Sensors

I heard there was some problems with the TPM system early on last year..The fix was to replace the TPM module....

Maybe yours needs replacing too..

Little Monster 10-23-2006 10:26 PM

Last week end we had 31 inches of snow here in Buffao. I was out and about and the same thing happened. Low tire sign came on when checked all tires read 33 lbs. Now the snow has all melted and the temp has warmed up no problem. I guess I will have to mention it at my 6000 mile service.

ZOO 10-23-2006 11:09 PM

You need to submit some pics of the H3 in snow. I wish we had snow in Las Vegas. How does it handle?

Linus Gump 10-24-2006 12:35 AM

I believe the spare is supposed to be at 50. That could be your problem. Also, try inflating them to an even 35 for a while and see if that makes it stop going off. I know when I changed my tires I tried a softer pressure closer to 30 and it would go off for about the first 15 minutes of driving, then cancel itself.

skeeet 10-24-2006 02:11 AM

Both sets of factory wheels with the 285's and 315's do this even though the pressure is 35 psi. After 4 or 5 miles the light goes off.

Little Monster 10-24-2006 09:18 AM

The H3 handles great in the snow providing you are in high lock with the traction control OFF. I did however get it stuck momentarily while successfully attempting to yank a Chevy ½ ton pick up out of a parking lot with 2 feet of snow in it. Did I mention briefly? [:D

About the pictures of hummer in snow, ][sm=imsorry.gif] did not even think of it at the time. Was too busy digging out and cutting tree limbs. 3 days later it was gone then it flooded, go figure! I will try to remember next time. I live in Buffalo it will snow again soon after all we always get snow.

Take a little road trip North, see that white crap on top of those mountains? Test it out for youself;)

ZOO 10-24-2006 09:46 PM

Thanks for the replie about the snow. I do plan on going to the MT as soon as it snows. However, out west you can never plan on it snowing. I will get some pics when it does.

Little Monster 10-25-2006 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: ZOO

Thanks for the replie about the snow. I do plan on going to the MT as soon as it snows. However, out west you can never plan on it snowing. I will get some pics when it does.
Here in Buffalo we do not plan on it snowing it just happens!!!

CerberusSVT 10-25-2006 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

Its cold & snowy again...my low pressure tire sensor went off. I thought that made sense since it was cold but when I checked the pressures...I'm at 33psi on all but the front drivers side which is 33.5..even the spare is at 33. What gives? This is the 3rd time it went off but I dont see any low pressures!
mine have started doing the same thing now that its cold out.. although I havn't actually checked my tire pressure. I actually was going to, but it was out of service & I havn't been doing much driving lately, so I said hell with it, I'll wait for the cold spell to be over first