Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   thinking of a hummer h2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/thinking-hummer-h2-337/)

yodawagon 01-26-2006 12:05 AM

thinking of a hummer h2

hello to all the hummer nuts. im new here, as i went and looked at a h2 today, got home and found this site. i currently own a 2005 dodge ram quad cab, and am going to be a dad. the truck is nice, but not too family friendly. so being the extremist that i am, the h2 popped into my head. sure a tahoe would work, but its not a h2. so thats why im here. i can upgrade from my ram to a h2, for 40000 after tax and blah blah blah. am i being stupid? are you all happy with your h2? is it worth 59,675? i live in minnesota, and see cold snowy winters, and wet summers. is the gas mileage that bad? are they super safe?

vkh2 01-26-2006 07:12 AM

RE: thinking of a hummer h2

ORIGINAL: yodawagon

hello to all the hummer nuts. im new here, as i went and looked at a h2 today, got home and found this site. i currently own a 2005 dodge ram quad cab, and am going to be a dad. the truck is nice, but not too family friendly. so being the extremist that i am, the h2 popped into my head. sure a tahoe would work, but its not a h2. so thats why im here. i can upgrade from my ram to a h2, for 40000 after tax and blah blah blah. am i being stupid? are you all happy with your h2? is it worth 59,675? i live in minnesota, and see cold snowy winters, and wet summers. is the gas mileage that bad? are they super safe?
Hello from Germany [sm=hiya.gif] if I understand your post right,go and buy one.... you'll love it
I had S10 and Silverado Pickup's and just now traded my 03 Avalanche for the H2 :) They are all nice trucks....but the H2 tops them all, I [sm=loveeyes.gif] it
where you at in Minnesota ? I been there long years ago in winter time (the town is Foly,somwhere north of the capitel ) had lots of fun Icefishing and snowmobiling

shortbus 01-26-2006 12:55 PM

i think it's worth it, especially where you live. nothing works on ice, but snow is no issue. i have a 4 month old and feel pretty safe putting him in the back seat. if you're short, like me, you have to climb in to get the seat belts hooked up, but it's worth it. i have over 50k miles on mine, and even with the things that have broken i still love it.

yodawagon 01-26-2006 04:56 PM

its just the price that throws me. 60,000 is crazy for a SUV. although, looks aside, its the best looking SUV on the market today. i bailed on the hummer today, decided to think about it more. i just keep thinking.... trade in my 2005 dodge ram quad cab, pay 40,000 and get a H2......when i could keep the dodge, and buy a family SUV and still have a little money and my truck after the deal is done. i know their great SUVs, but 60,000.... thats just crazy! to be honest, it will not see the trail, it will spend most of its life as a asphalt queen. so as impressive as all the trail-able features are, they wont get used very often. its the interior that gets my attention. leather heated seats, and the guys said if i wanted to trade in the stereo in the dodge, they would install 2 head rest monitors and DVD players. as cool as that is, ill never see them, and i feel if you have TVs in the head rests, you should have a top selling rap CD. i dont know, maybe im cheap, but damn 60,000 is alot of money to me.

M3 or H2 SUT? 02-12-2006 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: vkh2

ORIGINAL: yodawagon

Hello from Germany [sm=hiya.gif] if I understand your post right,go and buy one.... you'll love it
I had S10 and Silverado Pickup's and just now traded my 03 Avalanche for the H2 :) They are all nice trucks....but the H2 tops them all, I [sm=loveeyes.gif] it
where you at in Minnesota ? I been there long years ago in winter time (the town is Foly,somwhere north of the capitel ) had lots of fun Icefishing and snowmobiling

hey, did i read a review from you on an auto posting board somewhere--your story sounds familiar...

flexline 03-20-2006 05:18 AM

hey man... your about to move into a whole new class of transportation... its like when henry ford traded in his prarie schooner for the model a... your dodge is a complete P.O.S compared to the H2 you are contemplating, and the tahoe is a minivan w/ 4wd. But then again ignorance is bliss. So if your not gonna get it, don't even test drive one. That way you won't know what your missing while you clunking around in the dodge. The looks are the last thing you should get an H2 for. Thats just icing on the cake. As far as snow and winter goes... the H2 is known as the Alaskan Cadillac where I drive.

shortbus 03-20-2006 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: flexline

hey man... your about to move into a whole new class of transportation... its like when henry ford traded in his prarie schooner for the model a... your dodge is a complete P.O.S compared to the H2 you are contemplating, and the tahoe is a minivan w/ 4wd. But then again ignorance is bliss. So if your not gonna get it, don't even test drive one. That way you won't know what your missing while you clunking around in the dodge. The looks are the last thing you should get an H2 for. Thats just icing on the cake. As far as snow and winter goes... the H2 is known as the Alaskan Cadillac where I drive.
wow, it sure didn't take long to start trashing someone else's choice of transportation. i'd say welcome, but not sure what kind of crap i'd get because my bus is yellow .[:@]

Dennis 03-20-2006 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

[
wow, it sure didn't take long to start trashing someone else's choice of transportation. i'd say welcome, but not sure what kind of crap i'd get because my bus is yellow .[:@]
It aint' the yellow part I'm gonna give any crap about.....(fx; Vincent Price laughing in back ground)[sm=badbadbad.gif]

shortbus 03-20-2006 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: shortbus

[
It aint' the yellow part I'm gonna give any crap about.....(fx; Vincent Price laughing in back ground)[sm=badbadbad.gif]
no need to get nasty just because your engine compartment is clean enough to eat off. at least mine is all the same color . . . . .[sm=grin.gif]

flexline 03-20-2006 04:05 PM

HEY SHORTBUS... Im not trashing the guy... just stating the facts... you know as well as i do, the H2 is in a different leage than the other vehicles he mentioned. I shouldnt have to tell you that. So no harm intended... maybe just a little too much caffine in my system..:eek: