Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   STUPID QUESTION!!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/stupid-question-8096/)

HEAVY HITTER 11-05-2007 09:46 PM

STUPID QUESTION!!!

OK, as most of you know im new to this forum as wellas new to the HUMMER world. But i do have a question and its probably stupid but i dont know shi about these trucks except how to make my monthly payment lol...

These trucks are capable of going thru the water and mud and so forth...IS there a time limit or anything or how exactly do the truck breath or spit out exhaust underwater...Im sorry i know its stupid but i guess this is how you learn...

novasaigo 11-05-2007 10:25 PM

RE: STUPID QUESTION!!!

That is a valid question and I am curious to know this as well.

Nova...

shortbus 11-05-2007 10:33 PM

there's a depth limit, listed in the owner's manual. that's based more on the truck's electronics than the intake, since the fording depth is below the intake anyway.

as for crossing water, the trick is to not stop. get a bow wake in front and keep moving, if you stop, yer stuck in most cases. these trucks are capable of doing a lot of things, but dunking unprotected electronics under water is not one of those things. this ain't your grandaddy's jeep. follow the guidelines in the owners manual, it's printed for a reason.

or, you could test it to see how deep and how long you can sit until you toast your truck, then get back to us - dumbass (new word for newbs that can't read the manuals) [sm=icon_rtfm.gif] :D

HEAVY HITTER 11-05-2007 10:49 PM

I just went onto HUMMER.com and it shows the H3 capabilities with a pic of the h3 in 24" of water which means the exhaust is under water???? I heard something about the vents on the left and right side of the hood on the corners are used to breathe??? do these maybe take the place of the exhaust?? if not what are they used for???

shortbus 11-05-2007 10:56 PM

are you serious? or are you someone else that learned to use spellcheck?

HEAVY HITTER 11-05-2007 11:00 PM

Im sorry like i said stupid question im just trying to learn...I apologize!

2zRescue 11-05-2007 11:56 PM

I think as lone as the INTAKE is above water the EXHAUST can be under water because it is positive pressure going out. Like blowing bubbles through a straw, as long as you keep blowing water can not get into the straw. Thats my best guess.

HEAVY HITTER 11-06-2007 12:07 AM

OK makes sense to me thanks for your help....Some on here are more willing to help then to ridicule!!!

Body Armor Guy 11-06-2007 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

or, you could test it to see how deep and how long you can sit until you toast your truck, then get back to us - dumbass (new word for newbs that can't read the manuals) [sm=icon_rtfm.gif] :D

are you serious? or are you someone else that learned to use spellcheck?
This guy is a moderator? If that is how he speaks to people asking questions, it may be time to seek some new moderators, or maybe a new forum. I thought that flames were one of the prohibited acts here? Is the administrator taking notes here?

hilljob26 11-06-2007 05:20 AM

i dont think he was being serious,i think he was just foolin around