Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Speaker Question (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/speaker-question-26365/)

HumV 12-20-2011 10:49 AM

Speaker Question

Has anyone run speaker wire into the front doors? it seems like there is a plug connecting all the electronics and speaker. anyone by pass it or has suggestions how i can run speaker wire through my door?

branstone 12-20-2011 05:19 PM

aren't there already speakers in the front door? I am not in my car, but It's seams to me , that's where they are.

HumV 12-21-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by branstone (Post 267124)
aren't there already speakers in the front door? I am not in my car, but It's seams to me , that's where they are.

Yes there are speakers in the front door. My question was how can i add my own speaker wire trough the door. I guess im just gonna have to drill a hole in my doors.

drtom 12-21-2011 10:44 AM

i'd use a rubber grommet and drop the wire down a few inches and clamp it there,add a loop and clamp it on the frame. you can fold it so it stays where you want it.
i had a power window wire go bad on my work van and did a fix that way.

airborne227 12-22-2011 07:48 AM

Not really sure why you want to run wire which is already present...anyway, when the door is open look in between the hinges and you'll see a black rubber piece...that's where the wires for the doors are

HumV 12-22-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by airborne227 (Post 267246)
Not really sure why you want to run wire which is already present...anyway, when the door is open look in between the hinges and you'll see a black rubber piece...that's where the wires for the doors are

I am adding a 4 channel amplifer so i do not want to use existing wires i want to avoid sending signals back into the monsoon amp. i know about the rubber piece but the other end of the rubber piece is a plug which means i cannot go trough it.

airborne227 12-22-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by HumV (Post 267251)
I am adding a 4 channel amplifer so i do not want to use existing wires i want to avoid sending signals back into the monsoon amp. i know about the rubber piece but the other end of the rubber piece is a plug which means i cannot go trough it.

Once you remove the drivers' door panel you will see the wires which are routed through the same rubber boot. Follow those wires back through the door and out under the dash, you'll see the route...they will come out by the park brake. The back doors are going to be another issue. The wires to the doors are ran under the carpet and out to the door through the pillar which the front seat belts are.

TAINTER 12-22-2011 07:39 PM

Are you trying to run a midrange and a separate tweeter (components)?

If so mount the crossover before the door and use the existing wire door wires (cut, solder and shrink wrap) for the mids in the doors and run new wire to the tweets in the A pillars. Unless you are running HUGE power you will not notice a difference in sound quality.