Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Skid Plate (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/skid-plate-164/)

Intercooled 11-14-2005 09:29 PM

Skid Plate

Anyone know what the front H2 skid plate costs new. Just curiouse.

shortbus 11-14-2005 10:21 PM

RE: Skid Plate

http://www.rubberduck4x4.com/

$400 for a front guard,just not as pretty

hybridchaos 11-30-2005 06:50 AM

my dad works for hummer and we have like for of them, if you realy need one i could ship one to you for about 50 dollers plus shipping........

Intercooled 11-30-2005 05:26 PM

for the offer. I'm good right now.I just noticed some scuff marks and scratches in mine from my off roading experience. I was just wondering how much they cost if it were to get worse and i wanted to replace it.

I noticed you have the limited edition.............Very Nice! So tell us about it, what are some of the features it has over the regular H2?

hybridchaos 11-30-2005 06:23 PM

no major difference........ the pacific blue paint is what realy got me....... other than that it has the carbon fiber dash and accesories, a reverse camera and the dvd system with two headrest moitors...... another thing that it has that i thought was kinda wierd was heated windshield wiper fluid....... i dont live where it snows or anything but i guess it could come in handy when i go to the mountains....... the only drawback is that it does not have the air ride..... my dad has an H2 with the air ride and i love it....... other than that im pretty sure it performs the same offroad even though i havent taken it off the pavement yet cuz its a lil 2 new if you know what i mean.......... as for the price it was only about 8 or 9 grand more and i dont have to do anything to it to make it look good.........

Intercooled 11-30-2005 07:44 PM

Sounds real nice, I like that pacific blue color too! I havnt seen it in person yet. How does the carbon fiber look? I'm not a big fan of some of the carbon fiber look. Just reminds me of the tuner cars. I also like the way the front grill looks. $8-9 K sounds kinda steep for what your getting in extras. But hey, as long as you love it. people told me mine was steep but I sure do love mine.
Mike

shortbus 11-30-2005 08:41 PM

i've heard horror stories about the heated washer fluid and how it cracks your frozen windshield. if they have a thermostat, i'd set it in the high 30's so you don't forget about it when you get to where it is cold. i thought it was a cool idea until i heard about the cracking. one thing for sure is you've got a nice looking truck, i saw one at my local dealership over the weekend. great color and i like the 'depth' of the carbon fiber on the dash, much nicer than the add on stuff that was on my dash when i bought it. the only thing i didn't like was the brush guard, formed plastic. not sure if that was a dealer thing or stock.

Intercooled 11-30-2005 10:01 PM

Geez, cracked windshield!! that makes perfect sense, If there is a thermostatic setting I wouldn't make it very warm. Just warm enough to prevent freezing. I ave never had a washer fluid freeze here in NH. I believe washer fluid is pretty stable till about -10. Once the fluid gets ejected and into the open air whether its heated or not its going to freeze pretty quick!

hybridchaos 12-01-2005 01:02 AM

that sux a cracked winshield would not be good...... oh and about the brush i am pretty sure it is stock..... but ya in my brochure it says that the fluid heats up to 179 degrees in 40 seconds so i could see how the windshield could crack.....

shortbus 12-01-2005 01:31 PM

is there a way to turn the heater off? most of the washer fluid you can buy these days has some sort of antifreeze stuff in it anyway. and if it's not freezing at intercooled's house in NH, probably not worth using the heater. the temp inside the engine compartment should keep it from freezing too.