Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Seat belt chimes (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/seat-belt-chimes-13872/)

Enemy 11-21-2008 11:21 AM

Seat belt chimes

anyone know how to diable the chimes and warning lights on 07 h3, I have tried searching for it and in the owners manual, no luck, In my ford it's a series of turning the key and pumping the brakes

any help is appreciated

wfturner 11-21-2008 02:25 PM

RE: Seat belt chimes

First off, are you trying to defeat the chimes so you don't have to wear a seatbelt ??
If that's the case I won't help, because you should wear your seat belt

Explain your reason and then I'll tell you what I did.
Be honest now, that's a requirement of the forum !!

Enemy 11-21-2008 05:01 PM

not trying to cheat it, drivers side keeps chiming even when seat belt issecured, just want to know how I can stop itsince it's really annoying,and Idont have time to take it to dealer for a few weeks.

Thanks

josh1899 11-22-2008 08:51 AM

I'm curious as well. When driiving around our ranch, we are always jumping in and out of the truck to get gates. It's bad enough I can't disable the damn auto-lock, but it wouldne nice to shut the seatbelt chime up!

jens 11-22-2008 08:59 AM

@josh1899:
Why don't you buy the metall-piece, that slips on the belt (Sorry, I'm german and don't know the right expression for it.) on a junk yard and put it in, when you only drive on your ranch?

Greets,

Jens

wfturner 11-22-2008 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

I'm curious as well. When driiving around our ranch, we are always jumping in and out of the truck to get gates. It's bad enough I can't disable the damn auto-lock, but it wouldne nice to shut the seatbelt chime up!

This was the exact problem I ran into when I go off roading in central Nevada
every gap fence or wire gate or property owner has something i must go through
which requires me to get out of the vehicle constantly
I went to a local wreaking yard here in town and found a 2006 Chevy Cobalt with the exact same tab that we use on our 2007 H3's. This car had been involved in a serious accident
I cut the seatbelt strap and bought both front seatbelt metal tabs and use them when I drive off road, cost was $25.00
They defeat the chimes and store in the glove compartment, when i am not using them.
I wear me seatbelt always on the highway and surface streets

Crash 11-22-2008 04:03 PM

Look into the slot where the belt clips in... Get a small screwdriverand slip in in about where the last S in the word PRESS is.. You'll hit the switch that locks the buckle and shut those damned chimes off.. You'll have to press the button and release things before you can get the buckle to latch up when you get pulled over by the cops.. Helps if you have the windows blacked out so they can't see you slipping the belt on..

wfturner 11-23-2008 04:18 PM

That idea from Crash is cheaper, but seems kinda involved and kinda low rent
Snapping in a seatbelt tab is fast, secure and no hassle at all
Easy to store when you want to use your seatbelts again