Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Roof is leaking (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/roof-leaking-25905/)

XxCC3xX 11-04-2011 03:29 PM

Roof is leaking

I was driving to school and it was raining vary hard that morning and water started to leak out of the driver side Sungaurd mount and interior lights and buttons above the Center console/radio area, after school I decided to use the hose to pour water all over the top of the H2 and it did not leak at all. What do you guys think I should do? Or any diagram or explanation on how to remove the middle three marker lights would help.

2004H2 11-04-2011 06:55 PM

Look in your H2 manual, it gives detailed info in how to remove your top lights........

If not, 1st, take a small plastic knife and go around the bottom seal of the light , then take a small screwdriver and push in on the slotted side of the light and pull-up gently, theres a catch there, be carefull......

After you have the light out, twist the wiring harness to the light bottom, now look at the bulb, if it looks brunt replace it, then add some clear silicone to the bottom gasket and replace the light.....

All 4 conner lights come off with a Phlipps screw driver, and do the same with the bulbs in these also and replace..........

Hope this Helps.....................Rick

2004H2
2006H3

XxCC3xX 11-04-2011 11:10 PM

Thanks Rick.

Christopher Brock Cinematographer 08-28-2012 05:43 PM

My cab lights are leaking :( I'm headed up to the O'rielys for silicon

Fireman2020 08-31-2012 06:41 AM

Instead of silicone,,, go to :
mcmaster.com
and order some 1/4 neoprene tape and cut out new gaskets.

REBREATHER 09-02-2012 05:08 AM

Last week, I changed the windshield and where do I see what causes water leak on all hummer h2. in body outside corners is an extension that allows sealing mass is released from the body and leaking into water .. it is the same seam as you can see next to the roof rails so it is best to replace the windshield and get a new seal on the back .... I'm a fireman in swerige so I drowned my hummer with 2000 liters of water per minute without a drop coming in ..

REBREATHER 09-02-2012 05:12 AM

Do NOT use silicone on a car. go to your glazier and get real things.

REBREATHER 10-03-2012 04:40 AM

No water leak ...

2 Attachment(s)
Now I'm tired of water leakage in the Hummer truck so I made ​​a new bracket in 4mm aluminum which I then powder coated and has a gasket on top so it is easy to take off at a light bulb replacement. on the bottom of the bracket to the ceiling is a strong double sided 3M tape. the lamp is then fixed roof and it stuck very well.

Attachment 13665

Attachment 13666

regards from sweden

RogueDelta 10-12-2012 04:54 PM

Very Nice!!!