Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   rock chips on the rear fenders (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/rock-chips-rear-fenders-839/)

razorbackfan 05-18-2006 04:16 PM

rock chips on the rear fenders

i've had my red h3 for over 2 months now and i was wondering if anyone else was getting quite a few rock chips to the rear fenders.i added some mud guards on the front and it seemed to prevent alot of it but i still do get them, but not as much as i did and i don't even never take mine offroading any,i guess you could say i baby mine.i seen a woman with a white h3 yesterday and i asked her if she had any problems with keeping her rear fenders from getting all chipped and scuffed up and she said that was the only problem she had with it,and i told her to get some front mud guards and it would cut most of her rock chips down.

Dennis 05-18-2006 04:49 PM

RE: rock chips on the rear fenders

Hey there Razor..Welcome..

I got my H3 at Lander's in Benton...I drove from OKC. OK to do the deal..very pleased with those folks...

I have only one tiny chip that I already covered with touch-up paint (and I'm also anal about my rides too)..But I put the mud flaps on right after I got it though..But there is some stuff on the market (it like a thick clear film) for covering those areas to make them more bullit proof, but you can see it too after a while, when it begins to age..so I don't know which is better, the chips or the film protection.

razorbackfan 05-18-2006 05:02 PM

i bet that stuff your talking about is 3m paint protection film.and btw i got my h3 @ sunrise hummer in memphis but i know them where you got your h3 @(LANDERS) in BENTON,been right by it many of times.either way i live a 100 miles from memphis or little rock.

razorbackfan 05-18-2006 06:27 PM

has anyone tried the paint protection film out there yet?let me know

dilo2001gt 05-18-2006 06:41 PM

No i have not but i figure if the rock is going to hit that hard it will rip the film i rather use touchup.

dilo2001gt 05-18-2006 06:47 PM

This is good for touch ups Thanks to Dennis http://www.autovisuals.com

razorbackfan 05-18-2006 07:16 PM

ok i just checked out that website and i will be ordering some of that touchup real soon.thanks

Linus Gump 05-18-2006 08:04 PM

I covered my H3 with the 3M paint protection film. It cost me a little over a grand, but after having all of the previous brush scratches buffed out for $200, and the possibility of permenate paint damage from 4 wheeling, I think it is a wise investment on a leased vehicle, especially since I bought it for 4 wheeling. The nice thing about the stuff is if it get boogered up, it can be easily peeled off and replaced. It also comes with a 5 year warranty from defects and non abuse related failures. So far, it appears to be good stuff. I'd show pics, but it doesn't really show that well since it is clear.

BlackH3CA 05-19-2006 01:44 AM

It seems kinda pricey!

CruisinCarAudio 05-19-2006 03:26 AM

If you dont want the stone chips in your fenders, you shouldnt have bought the H3, GM has been using similar tires to the ones on the H3 for a very long time. Go find an early model H2 that has been driven on dirt or unpaved roads, they will have severely chipped fenders. The tread on the tires is deep and wide enought that they sling small pebbles at hi speeds. I had a 2000 S10 ZR2 pickup, with identical tires. I switched them out at 36000 for Super swamper radials, and from then on never got another chip, you might think Im lying or dont know what im talking about. The difference with the Swampers, is the tread its wide enough that pebbles cant get stuck, and they stay on the road where they belong.

Either switch to Super Swamper Radials, or buy some street tires and STAY ON THE ROAD