Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Road trip .. Need urgent help (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/road-trip-need-urgent-help-37711/)

H2Miami 01-01-2017 09:19 AM

Road trip .. Need urgent help

1 Attachment(s)
I'm 900 miles from home and just found out the Y connecting 3 antifreeze hose is leaking .
Nothe a crazy Leak but a few drops were on for and a few more under the truck

I'm guessing the problem was caused by using the heater which I never use in miami

I don't see any clamps on the Y . How is it supposed to be replaced .
I'm not sure if should hit the way back as is .
Any one know the part number
Update: researching online show as the past needs to be replaced with the hose. So not disconnection from the Y .. could anyone clarified
Attachment 9953

tharber 01-01-2017 10:42 AM

Its a quick disconnect coupling. It should have tabs to push to remove hose from Y.

I would pull into somewhere and buy a copper T fitting and 3 hose clamps to fix.

Its part PART#: AC18221L

Tim

H2Miami 01-01-2017 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by tharber (Post 341211)
Its a quick disconnect coupling. It should have tabs to push to remove hose from Y.

I would pull into somewhere and buy a copper T fitting and 3 hose clamps to fix.

Its part PART#: AC18221L

Tim

Just stopped in Autoze (was open Jan1 )
They show me the Oem Y s fixed . No way to replace only the Y . So in my opinion it is the plastic cracked or tye hose got a hole
Bought the aftermarket for $90 which comes with the 3 hoses with clamps and the heater hose connector that goes thru the wall and yes that connection s like the one used.for gas lines Plus 3 gl of antifreeze
Looks like an easy repair . Will do it tomorrow morning before leaving TN
Thx

calif phil 01-03-2017 08:11 AM

Using the heater will have no effect on that going out. If it's just a few drips wait till you get home to replace it. Cold weather is probably what caused it to leak, seals and O rings shrink in the cold and will leak or seep.

H2Miami 01-03-2017 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil (Post 341248)
Using the heater will have no effect on that going out. If it's just a few drips wait till you get home to replace it. Cold weather is probably what caused it to leak, seals and O rings shrink in the cold and will leak or seep.

After reading some horror stories I decided to Replace it in the morning before hit the road .
Was easy . But couldn't remove the heater hose from the wall . Need a tool from napa to remove the clip .
So I cut the oem and attached to the Y
An inspection on the Oem Y didn't show any crack but it was leaking everytime more .
Btw the Y with 3 hose cost $90 in Autozone .. It is only $37 from Amazon