Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Recommend: Extended Warranty Company for H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/recommend-extended-warranty-company-h2-22022/)

KuyaRomeo 12-12-2010 08:53 PM

Recommend: Extended Warranty Company for H2

Can anyone give some solid recommendations for extended warranty options for H2?

Please only advise, if you have used your warranty and have had a great experience. Not counting your original factory warranty . . I am only interested in people who have had good experiences with their extended warranty company.

I will be purchasing a used 2004/2005 H2 and I am leaning towards getting an extended warranty with it, but there are a LOT of bad warranty companies and lots of complaints about work not being covered and stuff.

Who can recommend one that is reliable?

hollywould 12-23-2010 03:21 PM

Bump.

MARKCORE 01-10-2011 12:00 AM

TTT

I'll be looking for one as well when my OEM warranty runs out next year.

KuyaRomeo 01-10-2011 07:12 AM

extended warranty

Markcore,

I believe YOU can get one directly through GM. I spoke with an extended warranty person on the phone from GM. They will let you purchase an extended warranty but only if your original warranty has not yet expired.

I think getting the extended warranty directly through the GM program would make a lot of sense.

For me, I am not so lucky. When I purchase my H2, it will probably already be out of warranty.

3hummers 01-10-2011 08:51 AM

My H2s have been so trouble free I am not sure the extended warranty is worth the money.

TheLimoGuy 01-10-2011 01:22 PM

My advice is not to do it. Put the money you would spend on the extended warranty into a savings account earmarked for the vehicle, and take good care of your rig.

Kissdbygod 09-26-2015 07:38 AM

Extended warranty

I always buy the extended warranty on all of my vehicles. I enjoy driving high end vehicles but I don't like paying new car prices.
I have had a lot of luck going through car chex. Don't know exactly where you are located but I live in Mobile, alabama and pensacola florida. Every car that I have owned has gone through " car chex" and only once, did I cancel my policy. On the cancelation I did have, they refunded my money as soon as I said I was dissatisfied minus a few dollars.
Let me say this, the hummer h2 is a expensive ride and with it comes expensive responsibility. I spent $7,500 on a extended warranty and the first time, having my air conditioner repaired was $4,500 dollars. So do the math and you will see it is money well spent.

mattdillon 10-02-2015 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kissdbygod (Post 330127)
I always buy the extended warranty on all of my vehicles. I enjoy driving high end vehicles but I don't like paying new car prices.
I have had a lot of luck going through car chex. Don't know exactly where you are located but I live in Mobile, alabama and pensacola florida. Every car that I have owned has gone through " car chex" and only once, did I cancel my policy. On the cancelation I did have, they refunded my money as soon as I said I was dissatisfied minus a few dollars.
Let me say this, the hummer h2 is a expensive ride and with it comes expensive responsibility. I spent $7,500 on a extended warranty and the first time, having my air conditioner repaired was $4,500 dollars. So do the math and you will see it is money well spent.

You DID Notice the LAST Post in this thread was 4 years ago (these guys probably Don't even have their H2's now) :(