Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Rear View Mirror - Auto Dim (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/rear-view-mirror-auto-dim-8813/)

rsdean 12-18-2007 05:49 PM

Rear View Mirror - Auto Dim

Hi Everyone! We have a new Hummer H3 and was wondering if there is a way to disable the rear view mirror "auto dim" feature? We find it somewhat distracting at night - believe it or not.. :D

Thanks, Bob

Muddydawg75 12-18-2007 06:24 PM

RE: Rear View Mirror - Auto Dim

unplug it....

josh1899 12-18-2007 07:42 PM

there is a power button on the front. i beleive if you push it, auto dim will turn off. i can't remember off the top of my head if this turns off the compass though.

Steve #1 12-19-2007 06:06 AM

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]
Automatic Dimming Mirror Operation
The automatic dimming mirror function is turned on
automatically each time the ignition is started.
To operate the automatic dimming mirror, do the
following:
1. Make sure the green indicator light, located to
the left of the on/off button, is lit. If it is not,
press and hold the on/off button for
approximately six seconds until the green light
comes on, indicating that the mirror is in
automatic dimming mode.
2. Turn off the automatic dimming mirror function
by pressing and holding the on/off button for
approximately six seconds, until the green
indicator light turns off.

HUMMER DRIVER 12-19-2007 07:27 AM

I really like the auto dim mirror. I wouldn't want to turn mine off at all, works great for me. I didn't and don't RTFM so it's news to me you can even disable it, I know about turning the compass/temp gauge off by hitting the button on the mirror.

Trey124 12-19-2007 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve #1

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]
[align=left]Automatic Dimming Mirror Operation[/align][align=left]The automatic dimming mirror function is turned on[/align][align=left]automatically each time the ignition is started.[/align][align=left]To operate the automatic dimming mirror, do the[/align][align=left]following:[/align][align=left]1. Make sure the green indicator light, located to[/align][align=left]the left of the on/off button, is lit. If it is not,[/align][align=left]press and hold the on/off button for[/align][align=left]approximately six seconds until the green light[/align][align=left]comes on, indicating that the mirror is in[/align][align=left]automatic dimming mode.[/align][align=left]2. Turn off the automatic dimming mirror function[/align][align=left]by pressing and holding the on/off button for[/align][align=left]approximately six seconds, until the green[/align][align=left]indicator light turns off.[/align]
Steve #1 you said Read The Fing Manual:D:D:D:D

HERHMR 12-19-2007 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

ORIGINAL: Steve #1

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]
[align=left]Automatic Dimming Mirror Operation[/align]
Yes, but you guys say it so much better when you post the RTFM. It's also a great refresher course.

Steve #1 12-19-2007 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Some people need to be spoonfed. ;)

Muddydawg75 12-19-2007 04:28 PM

I still like my idea.... but.... whatever...