Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Radio Removal? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/radio-removal-6645/)

Heysdad 08-06-2007 09:22 AM

Radio Removal?

Hey guys I'm doing the swapfrom XM to Sirius and I've got the radio surround panel removed. I was going to remove the four screws and take the radio out, then I saw this little red light flashing just above the volume knob. Is there any kind of security issue I need to know about, or can I just remove the radio and pull the plug?

I can see the XM box below the airbag canister, but how do you get to it to remove it? Should I just leave it there, and mount the Sirius somewhere else?

Since I have XM now the Sirius Connect should just be plug and play after activation right? I'mhoping to try to remove the yellow clip from the XM antenna and use it instead of the one supplied like a few of the others on this forum have done.

Thank you for the pictures in the past threads about making this change and removing the dash panel. Without that I think Imight have broken something. You guys rock!!!

Thanks for the help...

D VADER 08-06-2007 09:47 AM

RE: Radio Removal?

Not sure about the aftermarket radio but if you try to add a GM radio the security system will assume it to be stolen and lock it out. A dealer has to clear some codes with a Tech II tool.

Heysdad 08-06-2007 10:08 AM

I have the stock radio in there now. It has the red light flashing when the power is off.

So is it ok to disconnect the plugs from the back of the radio?

I'm going to disconnect the battery...I just wanted to understand what the red light is telling me. I can't find anything in the owners manual about it.

Thank you D Vader...

D VADER 08-06-2007 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Heysdad

I have the stock radio in there now. It has the red light flashing when the power is off.

So is it ok to disconnect the plugs from the back of the radio?

I'm going to disconnect the battery...I just wanted to understand what the red light is telling me. I can't find anything in the owners manual about it.

Thank you D Vader...
Exactly where is this red light? I've removed radios from other GM cars with no problems. Never saw any red lights. I had an '04CTS and it had a power cable, antenna and a cluster connector. All you needed was a screw driver(phillips) and a small blade putty knife to remove the panels. I replaced my radio with a NAV system radio. It immediately locked it as stolen. A quick trip to my GM dealer and they unlocked it for me.

ockie 08-06-2007 10:30 AM

I think the red light you are referring to is a anti theft deterrant, it doesn't do anything other than make a thief think that your car has an alarm system.

671H3 08-06-2007 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: ockie

I think the red light you are referring to is a anti theft deterrant, it doesn't do anything other than make a thief think that your car has an alarm system.
x1 [sm=smiley20.gif]

Heysdad 08-06-2007 11:40 AM

OK...Great. Thanks guys. I guess I'll dig in and get it done.

samvoiceman 08-06-2007 11:55 AM

If you have XM the Conversion Mod is easy so i heard. Good luck and Howard Rocks!

D VADER 08-06-2007 12:27 PM

Just make sure the mod isn't broadcasting the signal to your tunner. A lot of loss in quality.

Yes, Howard is dumb as a rock!:D

samvoiceman 08-06-2007 01:55 PM

Ba Ba Boooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee