Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   problem with 2007 h3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/problem-2007-h3-17811/)

banditt135 01-01-2010 11:26 AM

problem with 2007 h3

hello everybody. i was wondering if anybody has had this problem and what could be wrong. i have a 2007 h3, on the dash last night it started saying doors and now the dome lights will not go off. i have went and made sure all doors were closed and reclosed them just to make sure. i even went as far as too unhook the battery for a few minets to see if that would reset it. it didnt work the lights still stayed on and will not go off. i had to pull the light bulbs on the overhead domes. the lights under the dash are still in it. now when i drove it home last night those lights would go on and off the whole time. i have no idea whats wrong with it. if anybody has had the happen please let me know. thanks.

Chameleon 01-01-2010 11:32 AM

Sounds odd, but it could be your light switch.
I had mine replaced, but that was because the lights in the dash would not dim.

Just recently I had a problem with the drivers door switch. It would not turn the interior lights on when the door was opened.
I took the switch out and cleaned it the best I could, reinstalled it and as of today it works.

JGBB04 01-01-2010 11:48 AM

check all the door switchs, there have been several people lately having the same problem

banditt135 01-01-2010 02:10 PM

thanks for all the info. what is the best way to check the door switches?

Chameleon 01-01-2010 03:24 PM

Try one door at a time, have them all closed, then one at a time open each door, and press on the button.You will have to hold the button in for at least one minute for the delay.
This may or not prove a thing as it may be in the switch and not an adjustment.
It isn't that difficult to remove the switch and remove it from the wires. When doing so, the interior lights will go off. You can do one switch at a time.

HumbleAg 01-01-2010 08:15 PM

I had a similar problem with my first H3, an early production '06. Was one of the door switches, would get water in it when I washed the truck or drove in heavy rain. Remember the switch on the tailgate as well.

D VADER 01-02-2010 04:00 AM

Hmmmm..I have an '07 H3 but none of those problems. You must have warranty left, right?

gsxrfalcon 01-02-2010 09:17 PM

I have the same problem. I found it was the driver side door switch. I just tap mine and it works as it should. I would like to replace it. Just have not.

gsxrfalcon 01-02-2010 09:21 PM

Hey guys. I know this is off subject. I drove 72 miles today on the highway with my H3 in hi 4. It kinda worries me about the drivetrain. Is it something in your opion that could damage my drivetrain.

radioactivesob 01-03-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by gsxrfalcon (Post 214666)
Hey guys. I know this is off subject. I drove 72 miles today on the highway with my H3 in hi 4. It kinda worries me about the drivetrain. Is it something in your opion that could damage my drivetrain.

The H3 is always in 4Hi unless you put it in 4Hi lock or 4Lo. The users manual will hook you up read all about it. ;)