Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   powdre coating rims (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/powdre-coating-rims-3731/)

branstone 02-08-2007 05:19 PM

powdre coating rims

i loved those black c powder coated rims someone has on here so....

i contacted a few places in my area only one responded but they said they would not do it, because it could cause damage to the integrity of the rims when they heat it up ????

what gives????

DrCarver 02-08-2007 05:27 PM

RE: powdre coating rims

Mine are being powder coated right now...They are also painting the plastic center caps to match. I'm going through the dealer to have them done, and they never said anything about causing damage to the wheel. I'll post pics when they are installed.

Fireman 02-08-2007 05:57 PM

They only have to be baked at something like 220 degress, or something like that. I don't see that being a problem. I think they probably just didn't want to mess with it. Keep calling.

HummerMary 02-08-2007 06:03 PM

Im havning my H3 painted pink. I was told I could not have my wheels painted pink. Is this not true?

Mr H3x 02-08-2007 06:35 PM

Painting your rims wounld not be a good idea but powder coating them pink would work just fine. Powder coating is a super tuff finish and I think that it would hold up just fine.

branstone 02-08-2007 07:43 PM

they told me 400 degrees. i will just keep trying thanks

i am in san jose, any ideas anyone?

i think the stock rims coated black look sweet, and way cheaper than getting new rims

Sugardaddy 02-08-2007 08:57 PM

Mine are pimp sparkle purple.

blackstangs281 02-08-2007 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

Mine are pimp sparkle purple.
Attachment 24148

RutDogg 02-08-2007 09:55 PM

RE: powder coating rims

Mine are Luscious Lips Lavender!:D

Fireman 02-09-2007 04:04 AM

ORIGINAL: branstone

they told me 400 degrees. i will just keep trying thanks

i am in san jose, any ideas anyone?

i think the stock rims coated black look sweet, and way cheaper than getting new rims
The more I think about it, I think it would probably have to be hotter than 220, but still not too hot. But either way, it's takes more heat than the powder coat can handle, to compromise the wheels. By the time the wheel started having issues, the powder coat would be burning and bubbling up etc. ;)

I had my steel militaryH1 beadlocksPC'd for 30.00 a wheel a couple of weeks ago. Eveyone else here wanted about 50.00 a wheel.

Good luck with your search.