Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   powder coating (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/powder-coating-852/)

seany425 05-21-2006 01:42 PM

powder coating

i got the idea from the green lanterns h3 because his wheels look sick.........anybody know what kind of places do powder coating...like an autobody shop or are there places that specialize in it??....i live in south jersey if any of you guys out there are from around here and might know a specific place let me know

Golden Shellback 05-21-2006 02:12 PM

RE: powder coating

Try Google, put "powder coating near......" or the phone book. There some places that only do powder coating especially wheels and shop around for the cheapest. I paid $ 60 per wheel.

HUDYHUE 05-21-2006 02:56 PM

go to your local shop and just ask they'll know.

importkiller 05-21-2006 03:59 PM

go to this link and put in your zip. Your gonna pay more than $60 a wheel I believe...we pay more for everything in NJ!!

powder coat directory

CruisinCarAudio 05-22-2006 11:29 AM

what about having them line-X'd

shortbus 05-22-2006 12:00 PM

line-x would be a problem around the edges if/when you change a tire. it would be a beeyatch to try to keep clean too. no telling how the heat may affect it, if at all. i was leaning towards line-x for the grill, until i saw a few others. i think i'll just leave it as chipped-chromed-plastic for now.

Linus Gump 05-22-2006 08:58 PM

My first thought was how would you balance it?

ORIGINAL: shortbus

line-x would be a problem around the edges if/when you change a tire. it would be a beeyatch to try to keep clean too. no telling how the heat may affect it, if at all. i was leaning towards line-x for the grill, until i saw a few others. i think i'll just leave it as chipped-chromed-plastic for now.

importkiller 05-23-2006 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

thats true too....hmmm. Plus how much weight would line-x add per wheel? That stuff is pretty heavy isn't it?

Sewie 05-23-2006 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

thats true too....hmmm. Plus how much weight would line-x add per wheel? That stuff is pretty heavy isn't it?

Heavy and thick. Line-x really isn't an option for the wheels.