Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   New wheels and tires (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/new-wheels-tires-26616/)

Wrath 01-12-2012 12:19 PM

Very Nice!

H3DONIST 01-12-2012 02:26 PM

Next on the list is to level it and ditch the nerfs. :D

mgoblue85 01-12-2012 06:09 PM

They look sweeeet!!

Not to start a big debate, but according the FOUR WHEELER magazine's review of the Nitto Trail Grappler tires, they ARE manufactured in the U.S.:

The Trail Grappler features a nondirectional tread pattern that is packed full of trail-friendly attributes. For starters, the four independent lug elements are mirrored from side to side to provide equal traction in both directions of travel. The center of the pattern includes a "z-groove" that is said to increase lateral stability at high speeds. A balanced void ratio assists in making the tire work well on highway while maintaining acceptable performance in the dirt. The sidewalls feature two distinctive designs that allow you to fine-tune the look of the tire, and a semi-soft, high-silica tread compound received a 66 durometer rating on the Shore A hardness scale. Manufactured in the U.S., the Trail Grapplers required less than five ounces in the worst case to achieve balance. The on-road portion of our testing proved that Nitto's extensive efforts to build a noise-free tread pattern has paid off. Over the 100-mile test loop, the average decibel reading was 71, and the ride quality was almost always supple. We suspect that the compound played a big role here, because looking at the Trail Grappler next to others in our test, it simply looked wider-and typically, wider equals louder. But this was not so in our case. Having the third largest footprint of the bunch at 10 psi, the Trail Grappler succeeded in cresting Hollister's slippery Truck Hill hillclimb without issue. However, we found the sidewall performance just slightly above average when we had to rev the JK's 3.8L V-6 above 3,500 rpm to reach the pinnacle of our rutted-out S-turn trail. We attribute this to the continuous rib at which each tapered side lug terminates; mud would cake up between the side biters, and without a clear pathway to be ejected through, the mud would instead stay put and reduce the effectiveness of the sidewall elements. Made in the U.S. and available in sizes from 32 to 38 inches, the Nitto Trail Grappler, as the name implies, grabs traction in virtually any condition.

In fact, they mention it twice. This was copied from an online article from the April, 2011 edition of the magazine.;)

skeeter 01-12-2012 09:32 PM

i don't care about where they are made. I have put enough time fighting for this country that I don't care any more.

cjlv_1 01-12-2012 10:05 PM

I agree with Skeeter, after two deployments I can buy whatever tires I want!!! :D

SundownAudioNY 01-13-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 269061)
Mickey Thompson, Cooper, Goodyear.....

Pro Comp, Dick Cepek, Pitbull are also American owned and made. Select Interco (Irok's, Boggers, Thornbirds) are also American owned and made.

ak47dennis 01-13-2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 269061)
Mickey Thompson, Cooper, Goodyear.....

Last two sets of Goodyears I had said "made in Japan"

TAINTER 01-13-2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85 (Post 269090)
They look sweeeet!!

Not to start a big debate, but according the FOUR WHEELER magazine's review of the Nitto Trail Grappler tires, they ARE manufactured in the U.S.:

[;)

Well you started it by posting the quote. So, because a product was "made here" is justification? So the purchase of a Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Etc is "OK" because it was "made here"? Yes, SOME of the total profit stays in the US, but the overall profit does not.

That's all Doc was trying to point out.

I don't understand the logic behind either statement made by skeeter or cjlv_1.??????:confused:

mgoblue85 01-14-2012 02:29 AM

Truth is, we have entered a global economy. You'd be hard pressed to find a company of any size that is 100% totally domestic for its goods, services, vendors or customers. Maybe the mom and pop bakery on the corner, but in automotive terms it is quite rare. As I said before, I didn't intend to open a can of worms. I printed to quote because the Nitto tires in question ARE made here. I agree that a portion of the profits probably go offshore. Don't look now, but the petroleum used in the plastics and fluids in your H3 probably isn't 100% domestic either.:eek:

skeeter 01-14-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST (Post 269067)
Next on the list is to level it and ditch the nerfs. :D

it is leveled, and the nerfs are staying because the kids use them. I am gonna have them bed linered though.