Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Need a good place to buy airline tickets...looking for personal recommendations (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/need-good-place-buy-airline-tickets-looking-personal-recommendations-3808/)

Gunner_45 02-12-2007 07:26 PM

Need a good place to buy airline tickets...looking for personal recommendations

Does anyone have a good travel site they would recommend?

I'm looking for reasonable airfare to Eastern Europe in early April. (DFW to OTP)

All of the big name sites are clocking in around $1200 RT W/3 connections

Anyone got any favorites they use?

Thanks,

mvl

LawWyfe 02-12-2007 07:31 PM

RE: Need a good place to buy airline tickets...looking for personal recommendations

I have used expedia.com and travelzoo.com for good deals on occasion..dunno about airfare to Europe...check it out

littlehummerboy 02-12-2007 07:41 PM

RE: Need a good place to buy airline tickets...looking for personal recommendations

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Does anyone have a good travel site they would recommend?

I'm looking for reasonable airfare to Eastern Europe in early April. (DFW to OTP)

All of the big name sites are clocking in around $1200 RT W/3 connections

Anyone got any favorites they use?

Thanks,

mvl

If you can give me more specific dates, Ill look up some prices for you. There is a scam going around most of the major airlines where they rip off US citizens. If you log into an airline website from a internet provider in the US, you get one set of prices, but if you log into the same site from outside the US (ie Canada) you get a whole different set of prices. I had this happen when one of my friends from LA was trying to book a flight to germany last year. The difference on the SAME flight (same flight #) was about $200 less when I booked it for him from Canada, then when he tried from the US. When I did a quick search for the time period and arrive/depart airports as you mentioned, I found an American airlines 3 stop for $1160 CAN, which us under $1000 USD.

RutDogg 02-12-2007 09:25 PM

I've used www.orbitz.com in the past and the prices seemed reasonable.

H34 pleasure 02-12-2007 09:33 PM

Most of the time I go thru Expedia.com and Orbitz.com.

blackstangs281 02-12-2007 10:23 PM

Carnival Cruise Line books all my flights:D

Gunner_45 02-13-2007 03:40 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I had tried all the major sites and figured someone here might have a line on some little known
back door/ discount outfit of some sort..........Or a Costco plan for cripes sake----;););)

As it turns out, LHB was correct.

I had my wife's cousin back in Romania do the booking and saved several hundred dollars. Best deal I could find was
$1250.........She booked the exact same flight (numbers and all) for $825 and taxes........Jeez...........

The funny thing is....this is an outfit based out of CA that caters to "ethnic" transplants here in the states (Germans, Romanians, etc)

At any rate.....thanks.

JM 02-13-2007 05:56 AM

Try www.lastminute.com its a french site but their rates from/to anywhere in the world are fantastic.