Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Need Advice...... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/need-advice-21553/)

820larry 11-10-2010 07:34 PM

Need Advice......

Hi All, I have a "03 H-2 with 118,000 miles. I know I have an issue with the air suspension. It's been acting up for about a month. Today while about 60 miles from home I experienced the following.....My "other half" went to lock the doors from the passenger side. All of a sudden the electronics went crazy. All the gauges EXCEPT the speedo and tach stopped working, the t/c light came on, radio stopped working, DIC displayed "unknown driver" and then "driver 1". It would also change from "service air suspension" to "service 4wd". The windows stopped working and the dashboard illumination would blink on and off and at different brightness. At one point I stopped for dinner and disconnected the battery for about 1 hour. When I reconnected it everything was fine for about 30 miles and then it started all over again........Does anyone have any ideas ??? I'm going to try to get it to the dealer tomorrow.....

Thanks in advance.....Larry in So.Fla.

4U2NV 11-10-2010 08:49 PM

UUUHHHMMMM......... WOW!!!!! NEVER heard of anything REMOTELY close... Do you have a contact person or dealership locally. If not, I can hook you and Steve @ Classic Hummer/Chevy up. The service dept is still open & I have nothing but good things to say bout the whole group!
Wish ya the best of luck though!

calif phil 11-10-2010 10:11 PM

Sounds like maybe the BCM went bad. It's just a guess. Keep us posted on what they find.

Cypress KC 11-11-2010 07:27 AM

Are you near the bermuda triangle;)....Sorry but your problem seems really weird.

HeyUvaVT 11-11-2010 08:19 AM

my '03 has some crazy electrical issues from time to time with different service lights and the seat position recall going nuts but never anything on the level of what you are describing

No more Jeeps 11-11-2010 08:24 AM

sounds like a major short. I hope the dealer can fix you up.

bosch 11-11-2010 03:29 PM

I just wonder if the pass side door lock switch is shorting out ,if it was running fine before and that is what she did i would try disconnecting the door wiring connections on that side and unhook the battery again and see what happens , you might have at the same time shorted the bcm like the above poster said ...mike

820larry 11-25-2010 12:21 PM

When all was said and done...........replaced both air bags AND the compressor. Dealer said the constant running damaged control module AND the comp. Also said the "computer malfunction" was most likely caused by the overload of codes from the suspension system.....They could not duplicate the computer problem.
BOTTOM LINE..........a week at the dealer and $3700. Had it back for a week now and "All is good"..