Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Moon Roof Rattle (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/moon-roof-rattle-797/)

Raffi76 06-24-2006 01:05 AM

RE: Moon Roof Rattle

Basically I have take the car into the shop one more time, they pretty much replaced all the parts, and same problems remained.... I mailed GM a last chance letter and contacted a Lemon Law attorney. They took the car on the last day they had to fix and fixed absolutely nothing, just wrote that everything was tested and is Ok. My lawyer contacted them and said to continue working with Dealer to fix the problems. I took the car to another dealer instead.... First I had little difficulties replicating the problems as the guy who went on the drive with me seemed to have tried his hardest to find ways in which to prove me wrong.... but I replicated every single one in the end...... To my surprise they actually fixed all the major noises, rattles and issues, even the ones the other dealer said were absolutely normal. The only one I am still have a problem with is the Wind noise, they took my roof racks off and said noise went away. When I picked up the car the roof racks were in my back seat, and the wind noise was exactly the same as it was before. I also asked to repair molds on both sides, the plastics the seatbelts go under between the doors. Since the other dealer worked on my car the 9 or 10 times that he did, the clips seem to be broken and they make scratching noises when I drive. The guy said that both sides are the same and I guess decided its ok. I will be contacting them monday to address both issues. Now I got another noise, when I brake it seems i get a noise under my seat, like a steel ball would roll into a wall when you hit the brakes. They already fixed a rattle in the passanger side seat. Still have a squeek in the back every bump i hit, I think its the car lift that movies in its rack in that back compartment, I have not asked these guys to look at it though. Short story is that I got a cash settlement from GM and an extended warranty to 100K. I wanted a replacement of the vehicle but I guess that was too much to ask :D But I hope maybe one day I will be happy with all the issues

Raffi76 06-24-2006 05:27 PM

Hey Dennis ? did you get to read how it all ended ? or at least how it is getting to an end :P

hummerific 06-24-2006 09:03 PM

Good to hear you got some cash from them and they're actually trying to solve your problems. Not so good to hear that those cheap b*st*rds didn't hook you up with a new ride.

Dawg19 07-26-2006 04:32 PM

You can get rattles if you open the sunroof,but not the side windows. You have to equalize the air flow or it will rattle. Happens at higher speeds. This holds true with all sunroofs. Try it to see if it helps.

bigwood212 07-26-2006 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Dawg19

You can get rattles if you open the sunroof,but not the side windows. You have to equalize the air flow or it will rattle. Happens at higher speeds. This holds true with all sunroofs. Try it to see if it helps.
I was going to say the same thing. Mine doesnt make anynoise but windnoise. Must be a loud click.