Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   MAX TIRE Size and wheel combo on stock H3? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/max-tire-size-wheel-combo-stock-h3-25568/)

tripper 10-01-2011 09:58 PM

MAX TIRE Size and wheel combo on stock H3?

Hi,whats the most common maximum tire diameter the h3 base luxury will take with out rubbing etc..I have torsion keys to level up the front 2"..even though i just read here u can level it another way at the torsions,thankyou

TAINTER 10-01-2011 11:03 PM

Hello and Welcome from MI.

There are tons of threads on tires size for the H3/H3T. Please take some time and use the "search" tab at the top of the page. Read some of the posts and post up if you do not find the information you are looking for.

rsc 10-02-2011 03:47 AM

tripper, all the I5 H3 models have the same suspension whether Base, Lux, Adventure or H3X and can fit 35's without a lift. Rubbing will depend on the actual tire brand and a Tbar crank may actually cause a rub where it didn't before. The Championship Edition/Alpha H3's have higher rate torsion bars but the same suspension geometry otherwise. So it really doesn't matter which H3 you have, they all can take the same tires. With a Daystar 1" body lift you could run 37's but they will weigh a ton and will cause trail damage sooner rather than later and you might decide the gearing is too high for the hwy with them.

2wheelmonster 10-02-2011 10:25 AM

I agree with the first two posts

Mr. Fancy Pants 10-02-2011 11:28 AM

I agree with the first 2.5 posts.

rsc 10-02-2011 12:36 PM

I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv and I approve of the approval. ;)

*no electrons were harmed in the transmittal of this message.

Bunger 10-03-2011 10:33 AM

If you can return those indexing keys and get your money back, do it !
As you have read here, they are not neccessary, just do the torsion bar level.
Indexing keys = waste of money.

Doc Olds 10-03-2011 10:39 AM

Oh boy. :rolleyes:

SkinGripz 10-03-2011 04:00 PM

Hell, I'm surprised ! On other sites you would have had at least 20 cranky meatsacks posting "The search function is your friend" comments !!! Not here though, only one and it wasn't mean at all. Half-hearted effort out of tradition likely. Must be on the right forum !!! ;)

Now, to answer your question: The search function is your friend !

Sorry, had to....

I just put 315/75/16 (35's) on mine last week. No rubbing even at full lock, reverse, and fat mother-in-law riding shotgun. Could have easily gone 37" with my brand, but as stated above, you wouldn't go anywhere very fast at all. 35's suck the life out of the I5 engine.

Once my Bell Jet Ranger swap is complete, I'll probably do the 37's, and may upgrade the brakes.

Oh, and welcome from me too !!!

Mike
SkinGripz Inc.

lances010adv 10-03-2011 08:23 PM

315/75/16's here also with no problems at all and on stock ride,no lift yet :)