Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   LS2 Engine swap info (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/ls2-engine-swap-info-16076/)

TAINTER 05-02-2011 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 (Post 249411)
swap looks good!

This is not that hard to do and alot cheaper than buying a V8 hummer. You should be-able to do this for about 5 grand if you shop around a bit.

Check this out it is a colorado but, very similar, and based off the same platform as the H3. At the end of the thread you will see a list of possible parts needed.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/o...ou-guys-23952/

The trans won't directly bolt up, automatics just have to swap input shafts, bell-housings, torque convertors. The 4l65E from your I5 hummer will work with these mods!

Ma5 manual needs new fly-wheel clutch, advanced adapters bell-housing, trans spacer, and a few mods here and there.

06-07 hummer should use E40 PCM and 24x ignition motor.
08-12 hummer could use E67 and a 58x ignition motor.

You can go either way, but sticking with the above rule is the easiest.
in 08 hummer changed the fire wall, and frame rails for the V8 making room for a truck style intake. The older models will work still, just use the car style intake manifold.

Current performance, makes engine mounts (called colorado LSX mounts) should also work on the H3 hummer.

I offer wiring harness, etc

First, welcome!:D So you know how to modify the oil pan to get a V8 into an I5 h3??? Oh, and you know about the clearance issuse with the front driveshaft too???:rolleyes:

You are WRONG! H3/H3T Platform is GMT 345s. The Colorado and Canyon are GMT 355s. I have nothing bad to say about the 355s, personally I have owned 3 of them in the past.

H3s only share 10% of any off the shelf GM parts. You may want to do some research before throwing out blanket statements.
-Engine, Trans and a few other parts are "similar" then the difference begins.
-Our frames aree boxed with different crossmembers and assed crossmembers
-We use mostly 1/2 ton running gear
-Etc, Etc, Etc

Oh, and the H3 rear diffs are open, unless they are Adventure/OffRoad package vehicles which have an Eton Electronic locker. I5s have 4:56s and Alphas (V8s) have 4:10 gears

So it looks like you are trying to "sell" us some engine swap wiring harnesses. Hmmm, you don't know the differences between the GMT 345s and the GMT 355s but you know all about what will fit and work properly????????:rolleyes:

04colyZQ8 05-02-2011 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 249414)
First, welcome!:D So you know how to modify the oil pan to get a V8 into an I5 h3??? Oh, and you know about the clearance issuse with the front driveshaft too???:rolleyes:

You are WRONG! H3/H3T Platform is GMT 345s. The Colorado and Canyon are GMT 355s. I have nothing bad to say about the 355s, personally I have owned 3 of them in the past.

H3s only share 10% of any off the shelf GM parts. You may want to do some research before throwing out blanket statements.
-Engine, Trans and a few other parts are "similar" then the difference begins.
-Our frames aree boxed with different crossmembers and assed crossmembers
-We use mostly 1/2 ton running gear
-Etc, Etc, Etc

Oh, and the H3 rear diffs are open, unless they are Adventure/OffRoad package vehicles which have an Eton Electronic locker. I5s have 4:56s and Alphas (V8s) have 4:10 gears

So it looks like you are trying to "sell" us some engine swap wiring harnesses. Hmmm, you don't know the differences between the GMT 345s and the GMT 355s but you know all about what will fit and work properly????????:rolleyes:

Please tell me how to edit a posting?? I would like to remove anywhere were it says I can build you a harness.

If a Mod does this than, I would depreciate leaving up the other info, as it is useful to people, and does not benefit, me in anyway!

Also I removed the words in my sig, until someone let's me know if that is ok or not! Again sorry, and no need to nail be to the wall I honestly didn't mean to upset the apple cart, and offend you Tainter! My name is Jamie, and maybe you will forgive me, and teach me all I want to know about 345, some day!!

The 345s as I have so graciously learned from.. you!!! And you have certainly rubbed it in!! Are similar enough wiring wise..at least engine wise, that yes I can build a wiring harness! You obviously can't just take a harness meant for a COLORADO SWAP and install it on a 345 hummer!!

Sorry I don't know every exact mechanical difference, from a Colorado to a H3!!!

"So you know how to modify the oil pan to get a V8 into an I5 h3??? Oh, and you know about the clearance issuse with the front driveshaft too???" never said I did (I will wispier that the LH8 pan will most likely work, on hopes that you don't crucify me!)

"Oh and you can buy an Alpha for less than the $5000 engine swap difference." Maybe true I was just laying the options out there, perhaps "JOE" has spent 25,000 in wheels stereo upgrade, and 10,000 in custom paint. Now it is a little bit more worth it to swap in a V8

Maybe someone wants to build a custom high performance, motor..like a 6.0 or 7.0L then there is no point getting a factory V8 to, do that to!

Doc Olds 05-02-2011 01:44 PM

Didn't bother reading this did you???? before diggin up OLD threads!!!! :rolleyes:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/

TAINTER 05-02-2011 02:40 PM

No reading or research by 04colyZQ8, just posts about his amazing wire harnesses and how he thinks there can be an engine swap in a GMT 345 for as little as $5000!

04colyZQ8 05-02-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 249476)
No reading or research by 04colyZQ8, just posts about his amazing wire harnesses and how he thinks there can be an engine swap in a GMT 345 for as little as $5000!

Well I also said, if you shop around (and I should have included doing the work your self) for about 5000.00 perhaps a bit low just throwing some figures out there!

I said tell me how I can delete the info related to what I was offering, or have a moderator delete it, in fact the can delete all my posts if they want, I am sure that would make you happy!!

I am off work (compressor mechanic) with a injured hand, and I was bored, and doing research and stumbled across some (notice how I put "some" instead of "a lot".... see I do listen to what you have to say, despite, how it makes fee feel) similarities between the H3 and colorado/canyon, so I joined this forum and started posting.. and digging up damn near every engine swap thread I could find!

You should have scene how excited I was when I found the one with pictures, I grabbed my friend who helped me with mine to show him, as well!

I was just excited in finding something new to me and I didn't realize I was "necro" posting, I see that I was now, and I am sorry, I wish there was a way I could change it!

BTW I was just looking to do some stuff on the side as a hobby, just looking to cover costs for the special tools and equipment that I bought, for the colorado/canyon trucks. I realize I look like some "big shot" trying to through my stuff at everyone, this was not ever my intention I sincerely apologize!

Tainter I hope we can somehow come to a understanding, I wish not to be hatted by you or another member, the last thing I need for starting something new is to have the reputation I seem to have created! I also wish not to create or have enemies on a personal level! I do not hate you or think ill of you, however your words do hurt, and have got my blood pumping nicely...lol!

04colyZQ8 05-02-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 249462)
Didn't bother reading this did you???? before diggin up OLD threads!!!! :rolleyes:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/

nope sorry never heard of "necro" bumping before today.. all though I clearly wish that I had!