PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Kenwood DNX9960 Navigation Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Default Kenwood DNX9960 Navigation Radio

Does anyone have any interest in the navigation unit that was in my Hummer? It’s a Kenwood DNX9960. It already has a customized Hummer H3 startup screen that I made for it loaded as seen in the picture.

Here is the link to Kenwoods website: Kenwood - DNX9960

PM me on here or email me if interested.

The reason I decided to get rid of it, is that it simply is going to be too easy to steal or ruin if I put it in the Jeep I bought. I’ve decided to go with a normal non-navigation radio and a GPS unit I can stick on the windshield. That way I can remove the face plate from the radio and lock it up with the GPS unit if I’m somewhere where I’m worried about theft.

If anyone has an interest I can provide more details, answer any questions and post more pictures. It’s in really good shape, no scratches or blemishes on the screen, all the touch buttons work; the motor that moves the screen out still works fine. When I took it out of the Hummer it was in like new shape.

It has Bluetooth audio streaming and hands free calling, DVD support, 12 band EQ, hookups for two different backup cameras so you can have front and rear if you want. It also has two connections in the rear for powering USB devices. The way I hooked it up is I had two USB cables ran into the glove box so I could hook up or charge anything I wanted.

It also has 5.1 surround for movies like if you had two TV’s in the rear you were running for the kids to watch. It also supports different “zones” for the audio so you could have the audio for the movie playing in the rear while you listen to music up front.

Garmin navigation is built in, and is fully updateable just like any other Garmin GPS unit. This is great so you’re not stuck with old outdated maps like some navigation units.

It really is awesome head unit, and comes with a few extras. I have the iPod hookup cable that doesn’t come with the radio. It also currently has either a 2 or 3gb SD card in it, I can’t remember the exact size. The SD card is used for updating the software/firmware on the radio itself, and for updating the Garmin software. The SD card currently has the USA/Canada maps for 2011 on it that are loaded automatically when it boots up. If you’re buying the head unit for your H3 or GM vehicle I’ll throw in the $50 metra wiring harness that came out of my H3. This harness is required for it to work, and also retains the factory door chimes and OnStar functionality.

The head unit is technically “last years” model, the new model for this year is the DNX9980. The only real difference between this one and last years is the 9980 has built in HD radio. If that’s a big deal and you really want it, you can purchase it as an add on to this radio for a reasonable price.

The head unit still goes for over $1k online, I will sell it for $600 shipped to your front door with all the aforementioned extras.

Attached Thumbnails Kenwood DNX9960 Navigation Radio-img_1081.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Also an additional quick note, this head unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my H3 a month ago. It does not have any warranty, although if any issues do arise with it, I’m sure you could go through Kenwood for help or repair. The only thing I guarantee is that the head unit works upon arrival.

I will not be held responsible for damages that could occur from not having it installed professionally, wiring it up wrong, or damages that occur during installation. I cannot provide any limited warranty, or be held responsible if you end up not “liking” the head unit, do your research before you buy. I also will not be able to provide any support, help, or advice on installing it.

I have sold and bought many things through this forum; anyone that has dealt with me has never had any issues, and has ended up being satisfied. I’m not trying to cheat or deceive anyone, I am simply trying to cover myself. The reason for trying to cover myself in this sale is in the past I have sold car audio/electronics, and had the person short it out or break it during installation and then claim that I sold them something broken or not working.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM

PM sent

Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 PM

Hey Draketh, I am a new Member and I don't know how to send PM's so i'm going to do it here. I am interested, but I have one question, It looks like the Head Unit is sticking out, is it because you were taking it out when you took the picture, or thats the way it is?

Thank you,

BumChuck

Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by BumChuck
It looks like the Head Unit is sticking out, is it because you were taking it out when you took the picture, or thats the way it is?
The display is tilted in the picture!

What a great head unit, wish I had the extra coin for this. Good luck with the sale.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
The display is tilted in the picture!

What a great head unit, wish I had the extra coin for this. Good luck with the sale.
Mr. Fancy Pants,

Thank you for the clarification! Appreciate it!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 AM

The display does stick out some, even when it’s not tilted and perfectly flat. This is just the nature of the head unit. It does not look bad in my opinion, and it never got in the way of anything. It seems more severe than it actually is since it’s tilted out. It has positive and negative tilt for easier use or viewing.

I appreciate your interest BumChuck but I would rather not ship outside of the US, thanks.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by jmoffatt
Will this work with the monsoon system?
If wired up correctly with the wiring harness, yes. This head unit was in my H3 before I replaced anything else in the factory system.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Will this work with the monsoon system?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 AM

You must be psychic you posted the answer before I posted the question, and you even quoted me, cool.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DNX9960 Navigation Radio