Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   I need new brake pads (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/i-need-new-brake-pads-28480/)

H2Miami 07-31-2012 11:33 PM

I need new brake pads

I have to replace my brake pads . Could any1 recommend which one will do a better job without breaking my wallet ...

Thanks

Pappibri 08-01-2012 06:58 AM

After a hard and long search, I went with the AC Delco Duralast. They are AC Delco which is what the OEM ones are, but they are the next one down on the list.. For the OEM ones they wanted 180 for the front, 170 for the rear or vice versa.. I think I ended up paying 170 for both sets... At the Hummer Dealer where I service mine at, they said the ones that I got, is what most go with.. Good enough for me, plus cant afford 350 for brake pads.....

H2Miami 08-05-2012 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pappibri (Post 282196)
After a hard and long search, I went with the AC Delco Duralast. They are AC Delco which is what the OEM ones are, but they are the next one down on the list.. For the OEM ones they wanted 180 for the front, 170 for the rear or vice versa.. I think I ended up paying 170 for both sets... At the Hummer Dealer where I service mine at, they said the ones that I got, is what most go with.. Good enough for me, plus cant afford 350 for brake pads.....

Thanks for the info , Im going to start looking for that ones . $170 is fair .. $350 complete insane :eek:

Smittro 08-05-2012 12:44 PM

Also if your wheels are'nt black, anything other than ceramic pads will turn your rims black with dust quick.

Over time (again if your wheels are'nt black) this will damage and turn the clear coat of your rims yellow..

Just my .02

Smittro 08-05-2012 12:48 PM

To add,, if cost is a concern, as a way to offset the cost of hummer pads, you could always use ceramics up front and cheaper pads out back.

Since most or the bulk of your braking on any car/truck is handled by the front brakes the rears will produce less dust even with cheap pads on the back.

calif phil 08-05-2012 01:26 PM

Wagner Thermoquiet are really good pads. That is what I would suggest.

H2Miami 08-05-2012 09:33 PM

I hate that black dust so ceramic is a must ... Im going the dealer tomorrow to get a new shift linkage bushing and get price for the OEM brake pads( parts only ) .
I will post pricing :confused:

nlhummer 08-07-2012 02:47 PM

When it is time I will put Hawk lts pads on.
Excellent wear, no dusting and quiet

bflorin 08-08-2012 09:10 AM

x2 Hawk pads are pretty damn nice for the money. I dont remember which class I had, either light suv or truck/towing. I never had any pad dust on my chrome wheels from them.

My Brembo big brake kit runs about $500/set for pads and $500/rotor. Thats a pretty big nut to swallow.

H2Miami 08-09-2012 09:52 AM

A delco pads from dealer @ 320 for the whole set ... A little too high but also Im not sure Ac Delco are the best . The one Im replacing didnt last too long ..
Im going to check for other brands