Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   I hate My H2!!!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/i-hate-my-h2-36316/)

luke1213 01-12-2016 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic (Post 332834)
I hadn't thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.

I wish it was paid off. I've only owned it for 2.5 years though but it will be paid off this year.
Even if I owned it outright, I wouldn't have the patience to part it. It's not like it runs bad, just all these little problems keep adding up and it pisses me off. I love the look of the h2 and would like to buy a newer one but I can't justify 50k for a 2009 because I wouldn't want one older than a 2009. Add one more thing to the list:
Stock air intake and resonator is cracked.

I thought the same thing that this truck had been under water at some point. I live in Florida so we get the occasional hurricane.

luke1213 01-12-2016 07:54 AM

atari800 try opening the link to the picture in a new tab

atari800 01-12-2016 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nope still doesnt work

honda400ex2003 01-12-2016 08:24 AM

man that blows... sorry to hear about your bad luck.

mine ever starts that crap, its gone. just chasing the fan blower and resistor issue this summer was enough to irritate me.

steve

3hummers 01-12-2016 09:26 AM

Sometimes it is just time to move on. Some vehicles are and always will be money pits. My H2s were great vehicles with almost no issues, yours is an aberration.

flyday58 01-12-2016 09:29 AM

Bought mine in May w/ 141K on the clock, up to 146K now. Spent most of its time on the coast of Ole Miss, part-time in Colorado, so lots of rust/ corrosion issues. I keep watching CG for an '08, but hard to justify the prices with my current finances.

But damn, this thing is a beast! It chugs through the snow, slush, and cow turd-infused mud of New Mex like a Coast Guard cutter. Nothin fancy, just Nitto Grapplers, new shocks, and coil springs replacing the air bags.

I don't do any boulder climbing or take it up vertical escarpments or anything, but the roads here in the southern Sacs are knarly at best, so daily driving is giving it a good beating. We'll see in the spring or mid-winter thaw how it's holding up. So far just little stuff. Again good luck with it, I can hear all the drooling out there hoping you'll part it out!

Synthetickiller 01-12-2016 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by luke1213 (Post 332840)
I wish it was paid off. I've only owned it for 2.5 years though but it will be paid off this year.
Even if I owned it outright, I wouldn't have the patience to part it. It's not like it runs bad, just all these little problems keep adding up and it pisses me off. I love the look of the h2 and would like to buy a newer one but I can't justify 50k for a 2009 because I wouldn't want one older than a 2009. Add one more thing to the list:
Stock air intake and resonator is cracked.

I thought the same thing that this truck had been under water at some point. I live in Florida so we get the occasional hurricane.

I'm sorry you were sold a bill of goods. I have 2 Chrylers (new) that happened to me with (challenger & ram 2500). You're not alone in the lemon game. Not that it makes you feel better, but at least you bought your's used. I had 2 new vehicles that wouldn't even be warrantied & one had major issues at 10 months of ownership. Neither broke 35K miles combined.

I agree with what others are saying. I bet it was left to sit during a hurricane & flooded out. We get as much flooding/storms as you guys get, so I entirely understand how someone could be sold a flooded out vehicle. It just kills me that it worked fine for 6 months. I've had the same thing happen to me. It's just astounding how things go from great to nightmare in an instant. I feel for you. It sucks.

If you plan on looking at 08/09, consider that the only real difference is that the 09s have bucket seats in the SUV version & the silver ice metallic color. The 08s have the ultra marine color (it's really showy). 09's can be had for less than $50k, but they have higher mileage. Mine was around $30K when I bought it this time last year, but it also had 106k miles on it & had a worn out suspension. I'm still working on the suspension, but you get the idea. My take on the matter is that I'd rather buy one with more mileage, save the $20k, wait a few years & dump a duramax into it for about $60k total and only spend $10k for a major upgrade that will last & fix any sort of electrical/powertrain issue. It's an extreme approach, but it's a better option if you can afford it.

I knew of one other person with a bad H2 and is was also an 03. He bought it at a car show down here in New Orleans. He ended up having nothing but issues with it (mirrors would randomly fold in, seated seats would stay on & melt the seats, etc). It was full of goblins. My 03 on the other had only had 2 fuel pumps go (the 2nd was bad from the start). I did nothing else with it. I never should have sold it, although I'm happier with the interior of the 09, overall. The safety features alone are worth it.

ryaleon 01-12-2016 10:19 AM

if i had as many issues with mine as you did i would hate mine too.

skeptic 01-12-2016 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by luke1213 (Post 332840)

I'm now even more convinced you have a flood car than I was before.

I used to live just outside of Miami. Saw lots of flooded cars there, and I guarantee many were never reported so nothing would show on a carfax. I had a neighbor that would buy wrecked and/or flooded vehicles then fix them up at his brother's repair and autobody shop then sell them as "clean title" cars.

I'm sure there are lots of honest people and lots of great vehicles in FL, but after what I saw when there I will NEVER buy a FL car.

Just curious, why would you want an '09 but not an '08? As far as I know, there is very little difference between '08 and '09. Just some rear seat options and minor electronic convenience changes. It was '08 that was the first year of the redesigned interior plus new engine and transmission.

ryaleon 01-12-2016 10:27 AM

I too wanted an 09 over an 08 but really they are identical aside from the second row captains chairs. I love my 08 and I know it is 8 years old but the interior looks just as if not more modern than any new vehicle I have looked at. I have 115k miles on my 08 now and my interior still looks brand new.