Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Have Regrets Buying (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/have-regrets-buying-37530/)

Off Road Mitch 11-15-2016 05:46 AM

Have Regrets Buying

Having now owned my Alpha 3 since June, I can't locate anyone to work on her. Been to 2 stealerships (dealerships) and they refuse any repairs. Two local shops looked at it and got confused, kept the Rig for 3 days, nothing fixed. Have others had the same experience? To those saying do it yourself, I don't have time and nor the know-how as I work 50 hours a week.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Off Road Mitch 11-15-2016 07:03 AM

Forgot to mention I live Fort Lauderdale (Florida).

Bunger 11-15-2016 08:20 AM

OK, 2 things:

What problems are you having?

A dealership is the LAST place you want to take your truck. If you don't have the time, experience or desire to do it yourself, then find a good independent mechanic to work on it.
There is nothing unique about Hummers that need specialty mechanics, They are very similar to any other american made vehicle.

Off Road Mitch 11-15-2016 08:33 AM

I will continue looking for a good Mechanic, if u know a good honest Mechanic or Shop in Fort Lauderdale please tell me thx.

Doc Olds 11-15-2016 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger (Post 340216)
OK, 2 things:

What problems are you having?

A dealership is the LAST place you want to take your truck. If you don't have the time, experience or desire to do it yourself, then find a good independent mechanic to work on it.
There is nothing unique about Hummers that need specialty mechanics, They are very similar to any other american made vehicle.

So................ what are the problems?

TAINTER 11-15-2016 09:33 PM

The Alpha V8 and trans is pretty much like any other GM LS small block.

Describe the issues you are trying to have serviced please.

Off Road Mitch 11-17-2016 03:32 PM

Thanks the offer to help but again I don't time or tools to work on my Rig. The Chevy dealership and multiple local Shops refuse to even look at it.

TAINTER 11-18-2016 04:39 AM

Look at what? It's like pulling teeth with this one.

If you don't have time to have it serviced or tools to fix it yourself why would you buy a used vehicle?

Off Road Mitch 11-18-2016 08:59 AM

My other car is used and shops repair it. My complaint is shops refuse to even see the vehicle. No one will even look at it. Challenging to say the least!

Doc Olds 11-18-2016 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Off Road Mitch (Post 340324)
My other car is used and shops repair it. My complaint is shops refuse to even see the vehicle. No one will even look at it. Challenging to say the least!

I never experienced that at all, everybody knows it is a GM vehicle.

Say, when you contact these places, do you immediately insult their mother or something? Maybe that's the problem. :D :D