Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3T Power (or lack thereof) (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3t-power-lack-thereof-14479/)

Jack C 01-19-2009 08:20 AM

H3T Power (or lack thereof)

I recently purchased an H3T with the 3.7L engine and 5 speed manual transmission and the lack of power is astounding. I have put cold air induction, cat-back duals with flowmaster (sounds like the Dodge V-10) muffler and even added an e-Ram electric supercharger. It has not met expectations with power. I understand that Predator Motorsports is coming out with a new ECM to add 40 HP but will be a few more months. Anyone have any other ideas without spending another ~$5000.00 for a supercharger? It is bad enough that if I can not remedy, I will get rid of the car. Any suggestions?

Doc Olds 01-19-2009 09:56 AM

RE: H3T Power (or lack thereof)

PCMforless.com can tune your PCM, do the loaner program, it will make big drivability improvements. Nobody is gonna add 40HP for you with a PCM tune, more like 15-20HP.

What kind of CAI did you install?

Electric superchargers are a waste of $ IMHO. Like the resistor chips on ebay.... [&o]

Sound like you shouldhave went with the Alpha version.

Jack C 01-19-2009 10:03 AM

I went with the Injen Induction and modified for the e-Ram. The e-Ram is advertised to add 1.9 to 3.7 psi of boost with the 2- 25,000 rpm fans but I noted no difference. I have had the e-Ram for about 5 years and never installed it on anything.

Doc Olds 01-19-2009 10:23 AM

I thought you would say that you did not notice any improvement from the e-ram, I just do not have any enthusiasm for those things.

You will feel the difference with a PCM tune, and you might be able to get one locally thru any dyno shop that does HP Tuning. Good luck.

largemouthbass 01-19-2009 11:32 AM

I agree, the PCM tune would be your best bet to improve performance.

I am not sure what you were looking for when you got the truck. Did you test drive it before you bought it? I have the I5 manual and I feel it does the job. I mean I am not drag racing this thing.

BLACKH3T 01-19-2009 01:25 PM

I have the I-5 as well but have the auto. Please don't take this the wrong way but we basically drive a brick, I knew the I-5 was never going to win a race. It does what I need that is why I bought the I-5 it has off-road abilities and looks damn sweet doing it. It has enough power to merge into 65-70 Mph traffic. If I wanted power I would have gone for the 8.

canuckZr2 01-19-2009 03:57 PM

the best place to gain any torque and hp is with the exhaust then headand intake porting and a pcm work. But all of those other gimics don't workIMHO. Stick withwhat has worked for the last 60 years or so.