Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 tires (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-tires-13516/)

Bo 10-09-2008 09:53 PM

H3 tires

Hi guys,
I need your advice. I'm looking for good tires forsnow and mud. I was thinking about Toyo 315/75R16 Open Country MT's or Mickey Thompson MTZ. Doesanybody have them and what is your experience with them? I'm also looking for new wheels. They dont have to be expensive, they will be only for off-roads so some package would be the best I think. Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Bohous

lucky19942001 10-10-2008 12:06 AM

RE: H3 tires

i run nitto tera graplers and luv them, 275/60R20 KICKS A$$ rain and dry and also mud.have yet to try in snow yet being i only had them for 5 months now but expect them not to disapoint cost arround $1100

TAINTER 10-10-2008 01:07 AM

I've got the MTZs and I can't say a bad thing about them. 10k on them and they look brand new. I've been offroading with them 7-8 times in everything from thick mud, sand, moss covered logs and wet sharp rocks and they have performed better than my previous MTRs, Pro Comp MTs, BFG MTs andBFG ATs. Great looking tire also. Balanced well and all last winter (Michigan) did great in the snow and pretty good in icy conditions. The factory siping makes a huge difference on wet slippery roads and rocks. Out of a 10 scale I'd give them a 9+.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5570/EAD4BEF0F6D44625AFE826D80A933095.jpg[/IMG]

Doc Olds 10-10-2008 07:03 AM

Cool review Tainter. Welcome to the forums.

With the current and recent state of our economy.............I say BUY AMERICAN! Piss on Toyo. Thank you and return to your normal broadcasting program. :D

SteveO 10-10-2008 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Cool review Tainter. Welcome to the forums.

With the current and recent state of our economy.............I say BUY AMERICAN! Piss on Toyo. Thank you and return to your normal broadcasting program. :D
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

TAINTER 10-10-2008 07:58 PM

Hey Doc, It's me Mark G!

Bo 10-11-2008 12:00 AM

Thanks Tainter, I think i will go for them, do you know any shop or Website where I can get them for the best price? And do I have to do some modification (lift) on the H3 or there is no problem with the size.I like the MTZ and on your H3 they look awesome!
Bohous

Doc Olds 10-11-2008 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: TAINTER

Hey Doc, It's me Mark G!
Hey Mark. :DThat avitar pic sure looks like a white truck to me, and the lights on top...............I been had. [&o]

If I would have looked at your profile I would have figured it out. [8D]

Glad to see you over here for some posts. Like I say every time, those MTZs on your truck are awesome! :D:D

KS Trekker 10-12-2008 12:57 AM

One thing to keep in mind is the Toyo Open Country is a heavy tire. Per tire, they weigh about 14lbs more than my 35" Goodyear MT/R's. That's a pretty significant weight difference and could mean lower fuel economy and more front end breakage.

TAINTER 10-12-2008 01:43 AM

BO:
Believe it or not I got mine fro JC Whitney....they sentme a 15% off and free shipping email a while back and I couldn't pass up the deal. Right now I have no idea who has the best deal. Sorry.

Doc Olds:
I put the rack on for wheeling and camping trips for more cargo.