Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 oem navigation onstar left speaker only (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-oem-navigation-onstar-left-speaker-only-7697/)

brandon4589 10-15-2007 09:32 PM

H3 oem navigation onstar left speaker only

Hi I just instaled the factory navigation in my 08 alpha and before the onstar came out all the speakers but now it only comes out the left front speaker. Does anyone with an 07 or 08 with factory nav have the onstar doing this?

HummerMike 10-15-2007 10:10 PM

RE: H3 oem navigation onstar left speaker only

I have an 08 Alpha with the factory nav and it only comes out the left front speaker.

brandon4589 10-15-2007 10:17 PM

It seems like the radio controls that, you can't change the balance on onstar it is locked, what about the navigation directions it doesn't mute music to when it talks

hilljob26 10-16-2007 05:03 AM

well,from what i understand is the driver is who talks,so the left speaker would make sense

pgaduane 10-16-2007 07:26 PM

Obviously you aint rode with my wife..... She does ALL THE TALKING no matter where she sits....

Hummer Guy 10-16-2007 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: brandon4589

Hi I just instaled the factory navigation in my 08 alpha and before the onstar came out all the speakers but now it only comes out the left front speaker. Does anyone with an 07 or 08 with factory nav have the onstar doing this?
This is normal. no worries. :)

CCMDoc 10-17-2007 08:09 AM

Yup - it is normal and same with mine - left speaker only, music doesn't mute with Nav. You can adjust the voice volume on the nav unit, but not the fade or balance.

bonzaiii 10-17-2007 11:06 AM

Is the volume adjustment on the nav unit the same controll as the radio ?

CCMDoc 10-17-2007 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: bonzaiii

Is the volume adjustment on the nav unit the same controll as the radio ?
No, it isn't one of the knobs. Press the "Nav" button on the unit, then at the bottom are three touchscreen buttons. Either the middle or the right most one leads to a menu that allows you to increase the "Voice volume" which is for both OnStar and Navigation. It always takes me a few tries before I find the right one myself.

j3jackson 11-02-2007 09:26 PM

I had the dealer install NAV on my 07 that I just picked up a couple days ago and the Onstar must come out of the left front speaker only. I cannot hear it very well at all. Turning up the volume knob does not change anything. I guess I will have to take it back unless someone has any suggestions.