Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 Headlight Bulb Replacement (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-headlight-bulb-replacement-25833/)

TSLevin95 10-26-2011 06:11 PM

H3 Headlight Bulb Replacement

I just got new bulbs for my 2006 H3 in the mail today and I have no idea how to replace them. If anybody has any instructions or anything to help me that would be great.

wfturner 10-26-2011 08:16 PM

If you are talking about the main headlight bulb (H13)
Grab plastic ears and twist and pull. make sure the old bulb has the "O" ring on the removed bulb. If not, you need to remove the old O ring from headlight housing, it does stick sometimes
Harness pulls of back of H13 bulb/base

Didn't you ask this question a couple of weeks ago ?

TSLevin95 10-26-2011 08:23 PM

A few weeks ago I asked what type of headlight I should get and I got the bulb. So you say I need to twist off the clear plastic cover on the headlight to get to the bulb?

TSLevin95 10-26-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner (Post 263409)
If you are talking about the main headlight bulb (H13)
Grab plastic ears and twist and pull. make sure the old bulb has the "O" ring on the removed bulb. If not, you need to remove the old O ring from headlight housing, it does stick sometimes
Harness pulls of back of H13 bulb/base

Didn't you ask this question a couple of weeks ago ?

A few weeks ago I asked what type of headlight I should get and I got the bulb. So you say I need to twist off the clear plastic cover on the headlight to get to the bulb?

tomsbeast87 10-26-2011 10:58 PM

no not the clear plastic cover you see from the outside. on the inside, pop the hood and look on the inside were the back of the headlight is, thats the plastic piece you want to twist and pull

tony8vn 10-27-2011 10:00 AM

wfturner 10-27-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by tony8vn (Post 263446)
So you say I need to twist off the clear plastic cover on the headlight to get to the bulb?

No, not the front clear cover.
Read the above posts. You remove each headlight bulb from inside engine bay

jewjenk 10-28-2011 06:57 AM

Geezy Christmas,

Step 1, Put lights back in box

Step 2, Put box back in mail

Step 3 sell the Hummer.....

Not funny at all, people who own cars and just get in, turn key, get to destination, turn off, remove key, get out.....................:eek:

Read your manual, it's in there,..........................

Broken Halo 10-28-2011 07:01 AM

After the headlight he's going to do an oil change.:eek::eek:

wfturner 10-28-2011 07:31 AM

If he was serious, I was being helpful.
If he was kidding, I was playing along