Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 Getting 26 MPG ???? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-getting-26-mpg-39653/)

surfcityred327 04-16-2018 10:05 AM

H3 Getting 26 MPG ????

What is this all about? I watched the YouTube video but I could not find out how this was done? Is it a prank video? Have you guys seen this? I tried to contact the origin of the video but I could not find any contact info.

650Hawk 04-16-2018 12:53 PM

Fake news. OBD code readers can be reset at any time; mine starts measuring when I turn it on/plug it in AND open up the app (Torque). At that time, I could easily be going downhill, or even level ground but let off the gas and coast; it would read very high MPG.

TAINTER 04-16-2018 02:03 PM

2 post about fuel mileage.

If you are that concerned with MPG you should consider selling both of your H3s and purchasing a matching set of some other cookie cutter vehicles. No HUMMER, regardless of model will ever be a MPG star. It's not in their DNA.

Doc Olds 04-16-2018 02:28 PM

Best I ever saw mine was 22, right after I pulled out of a fuel oasis on the OH turnpike and gently ran her up to 77 MPH, put on the cruise, and enjoyed the good tailwind. (Basically start and jump on the eway, no city driving to drag down an average).

Stayed right around there for quite a ways until rolling hills kicked in.

wfturner 04-18-2018 11:05 AM

I will chime in here and tell you the best I ever got was 21.25 MPG with my 07 5 speed adventure on a level highway.
But like Doc, I may too have had a slight tail wind.
These are not mileage vehicles in any way.

happythree 04-18-2018 12:50 PM

when i reported 20 on a turnpike trip nobody believed me, 400 miles till fuel light came on. i can go 50 after light.

blazed16 04-20-2018 09:41 AM

That would be some good millage on a h3 haha. I get 14 or 15 hwy. I didnt buy a h3 to save fuel money though i have my summer vehicle for my 8000km per month commuting.

All though if there was a way to get 25mpg in a h3 i would not complain lol.

surfcityred327 04-20-2018 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 351505)
2 post about fuel mileage.

If you are that concerned with MPG you should consider selling both of your H3s and purchasing a matching set of some other cookie cutter vehicles. No HUMMER, regardless of model will ever be a MPG star. It's not in their DNA.

Well Tainter, there is no need to get snarky about it. I love our H3s and there is absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to get the vehicles running as efficiently as possible. Perhaps you have deep pockets and plenty of bucks to throw around.....I don't. Therefore, I will keep my beloved H3s and continue to enjoy them. I suggest you stop acting like I insulted your girlfriend, or something like that.